• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA mechanics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AMFAnatl.org and AMFA33.org both stopped posting updates after the 92% strike approval in march. As of today, "the bread is done" is the most recent update from AMFA local 33. Anyone figure out what these code words mean yet?

I read in the ever reliable USAToday that NW wants to fire 53% of the current mechanics, and the rest get a 22% pay cut. If you were one of the mechanics and had to vote on that, how do you think it would go? I bet 53% would vote no. Why? They would lose their jobs. (Of course) The guy who leads the MSP LEC is one of the guys who could get canned. I bet he is willing to strike, and he is their leader. Bad situation. Then the flight attendants have had to "train" their own possible replacements should they strike along with the mechanics. And to top it off, NW used some Champion Air (a NW subsidiary) 727s on some NW mainline flights when there were some MX canx. That isn't allowed in the contract. (That was aimed at the pilots) Bad bad situation over there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
And to top it off, NW used some Champion Air (a NW subsidiary) 727s on some NW mainline flights when there were some MX canx. That isn't allowed in the contract. (That was aimed at the pilots) Bad bad situation over there.

This is totally true. I was in and out of Detroit for the last 4 days and on two of those days we saw a Champion 727 parked at the mainline terminal (A Concourse). Everyone was talking about it.

DTWFO said:
This is totally true. I was in and out of Detroit for the last 4 days and on two of those days we saw a Champion 727 parked at the mainlineterminal (A Concourse). Everyone was talking about it.

Nothing but war games. Just like when four of our Avro's went to Arizona. They told us that we were parking all the planes in the desert. Funny, they are all flying today but one. Mind games, thats all.

Latest resources

Back