NWA makes $170M

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they are paid for

I love this "fun with accounting" thing that the airlines are doing. It's kinda like saying, "Except for having to pay my bills, my budget worked out real nice this month."

How come Southwest never has to play games with their books to show a profit?

I love this "fun with accounting" thing that the airlines are doing. It's kinda like saying, "Except for having to pay my bills, my budget worked out real nice this month."

How come Southwest never has to play games with their books to show a profit?

You have it backwards - they are intentionally trying to show a loss so as to convince everyone they have to merge to save money.

NWA: its second-quarter net loss amounted to $377 million,.....Northwest said it would have earned $170 million for the most recent quarter if not for a non-cash accounting charge of $547 million. It also benefited from a $250 million fuel hedging gain

Northwest ended the quarter with $3.3 billion in unrestricted liquidity.

DAL: reported a $1 billion quarterly loss, but was profitable before special charges,........took a $1.2bn charge during the second quarter to write down the value of goodwill and other intangibles.......Excluding the charges, Delta said it earned $137 million, or 35 cents per share. hedged 49 percent of its fuel consumption and realized $313 million in gains in the quarter

Delta expects to end the year with liquidity of $3.2 billion, including $1 billion under a revolving credit facility.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back