NWA jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

NWA went to unlimited offline jumpseaters in the back on Feb 1, I believe. As long as there's space in back (or up front if you're CASS) you're on (as long as the Captain OKs it).

cliff
YIP

This is true, but there won't ever be an open seat in the back. More like oversold with 25 non-revs ahead of you. I would steer clear of NWA. There are so many other airlines out there that will treat you with respect and dignity.

This is true, but there won't ever be an open seat in the back. More like oversold with 25 non-revs ahead of you. I would steer clear of NWA. There are so many other airlines out there that will treat you with respect and dignity.

But they don't fly between MSP and MEM, oh the joy!

Hi!

I JS all the time on NWA. Of the 100s of employees I've met, I've only had 2 or 3 be somewhat cranky or unhelpful. Most are VERY helpful.

I've only missed a couple of flights, and that was before we were in CASS and/or they only took 2 off-line jumpseaters.

I've had 2 NWA pilots (1 was a 757 captain) move to an FA JS so I could get the cockpit JS. Thanx a ton guys!

I would recommend NWA for JS.

cliff
YIP

PS-Anyone is welcome in the JS of the plane I'm on, as long as it's legal.

do yourself a favor and list at the ticket counter.

Sorry about your experience! However, my experience at NWA has always been very positive and hospitable! The jumpseat was extended graciously even when my company was the only airline in the free world that did not reciprocate. I have had dead heading NWA pilots give up the J/S (pre 9/11) so that I could get on, and they would pay the non rev fee to ride.

As far as gate agents, 98% are also nice. Although I know showing up at the last minute is not appreciated due to the time constraints and duty to their customer, I have never been turned down. It is always best to show early (45 minutes) when possible because this is before their crunch time. As mentioned, when possible, list at the ticket counter if they are not busy.

I agree with speedtape....The only time you might have a problem is hub to hub.. It also seems that the non-revs will list themselves ,, but hardly ever show up. If ur at 9E or XJ don't even check the loads...just go!! Avoid the headache.

Never had any bad experiences on NWA or Airlink as far as jumpseating goes----usually one of the better experiences in my opinion.

Had one NWA deadheader take the cockpit a while back and let me have his exit row cause I was tired and had another leg to get home. A nice NWA flight attendant once upgraded me after the door was closed...the 2 business men on either side of me seemed baffled why I got a free upgrade and they didn't, but i didn't ask questions. Gate agents I've dealt with have all been super...even giving me loads downline for my connecting flights. NWA is a class act in my book.

Latest resources

Back