• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA interview!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if one were to get hired at NWA this year and get furloughed the next, my understanding is that those pilots have the option of flying for Compass. Would they be CAs?

Yes and yes. If furloughs were deep enough you could see flowbacks as fo's at cp also. but you would be on 3-4th year fo pay if it happend i believe. you can also flow back to mesaba as a captain but not many have flowed up yet and that # depends on how many can flow back = more flow up more can flow back.

Applied Aug. 2007
12,000 tt
7500 turbine Pic
2 internal recs one Line pilot one HR interviewer.
Still waiting for the call.

I can't help but notice that most people getting called have between 3 to 6000 hrs, and alot have less than 1000 Pic. Any thoughts about the idea that, you CAN in fact have TOO MUCH flight time these days? I mean, when they last hired I didn't have enough time, and after the 7 year drought in hiring I suddenly have too much EXPERIENCE. I can't help it that I continued to build time over the last 7 years.

I also hear that Delta has a firm 10,000 top end limit. Can anyone shed some light on these issues if you are in the know?

Thanks

I know a guy who got hired at DAL who had more than 10,000. He turned it down, said he couldn't handle the pay cut.

I was hired a few months ago at NWA with just under 9000 and 6000 Turbine PIC. No LOR's, guess just luck, wish I knew the formula for the call.

Good luck to you, sure with your experience someone will definitely want to pick you up.

Yes and yes. If furloughs were deep enough you could see flowbacks as fo's at cp also. but you would be on 3-4th year fo pay if it happend i believe. you can also flow back to mesaba as a captain but not many have flowed up yet and that # depends on how many can flow back = more flow up more can flow back.

I sure hope we can just get all 76 seat jets to be flown by guys on the merged DAL/NWA list when this deal is all said and done. That way we won't have to worry about flow up and flow back crap. I lived through the XJT crap and I would prefer to not deal with it again. Get those 175's and CRJ 900's flying around with mainline pilots and we will all be better off.

I sure hope we can just get all 76 seat jets to be flown by guys on the merged DAL/NWA list when this deal is all said and done. That way we won't have to worry about flow up and flow back crap. I lived through the XJT crap and I would prefer to not deal with it again. Get those 175's and CRJ 900's flying around with mainline pilots and we will all be better off.

Agree 100% with you, now its just a matter of making it happen.

I agree. However, you're talking about closing the proverbial barn door after the horse has gone. The 175/900 flying has already been given away to other ALPA carriers. It can no longer be taken back by mainline without opening the door to a slam-dunk lawsuit. ALPA can't adequately and fairly represent both a mainline carrier and the subsidiaries that feed (or, in this case, replace) them. ALPA national, unfortunately, has a duty to represent the mainline carriers and the regional carriers that are under their umbrella equally.

At this point, the mainline just can't take the flying that was given away back without some significant incentive to the pilots at the feeders. Logically, the answer is a PID and bringing everyone flying NWA passengers "into the fold", so to speak. However, the cost of accomplishing this is just too steep. NWA mainline guys aren't going to be willing to concede anything to get that flying back.

What we CAN do is realize that we have already given away far too much and refuse to give another inch. No more relaxation of scope.... period. The problem with this is that the mainline pilot group is made up of individuals who all have different agendas. To the junior DC-9/A320 FO group (like myself), taking a hard line on scope is an absolute #1 priority. However, to a 25 year A330 Captain who has his pension largely intact and will walk away in a couple of years to enjoy his retirement, the erosion of scope and the gradual decimation of the mainline narrowbody fleet just isn't that big of a deal. We, as a group, can't get on the same page because each and every pilot has his or her own agenda. That's understandable. It's human nature to look after #1. However, that's also our proverbial "elephant in the room", and it's why I fear we will continue to see scope eroded.

My $0.02 as a new guy anyway.

Latest resources

Back