NWA: Interview and Sim Help ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

another cfii

For your sim eval, you'll be given 30 minutes to study in a room with a binder, which has all the speed (all you have to remember is the approach speed with the flap settings). The 200 is very easy to fly, flew like any other Boeing product, in my opinion. The profile is t/o, level off, turn, track, hold, shoot an ILS... It's all out of the Inst. checkride, so if you can do just that, you'll be fine.

Word of tip on the 200, it uses EPR gauges, and for those that hasn't use it, it's much more sensitive than N1, and the 200 doesn't need much power adjustment once you're in cruise (no chop and drop, or full power) The crz power and descent power is only off by a hairline.

Be very situational aware when you're given the holding instruction. Speak out to your NFP where you're at, how you're gonna enter the pattern, brief the whole cockpit real quick. It will let the IP knows that you know what you're doing (CRM!!), and in case if you did something stupid later on, it's just some brownie points in store for you.

Just relax, you'll do fine. If you fly the 9, it's quite bank sensitive, so be sure you don't crank it in too abrupt. You can put the slat out if you level off for the crz, so you'll be slow enough (210 kts) to start the holding pattern. The VSI on the 9 is very sensitive as well, so do your best to trim it out, and keep your scan going. Do not fixate on that VSI because you think you'll lose 50 ft. As long as you don't climb&descent couple hundred constantly, the IP will understand it's a new a/c for you. They're looking for basic airmanship, and more importantly, CRM. Hope it helped.

What happened to this thread?-I thought there were more responces. Anyway thanks for the update.

Speaking of which, what was $.02 # again? It is nice to know someone who can help out with the sim.

Paid commercial announcement---don't read if offended

Speaking of which, what was $.02 # again? It is nice to know someone who can help out with the sim.

Graham can be reached two ways...VFR direct at 940-597-6553. He'll be glad to talk about the process there--even if you DO NOT want to do sim session with him. He is a superior guy...which is why I originally posted his info here (without any commercials on sim services).

IF you do want to use his services--you can either work through him or click on the Emerald Coast banner ad here.

We try to not to sound to "infomercial" here. I enjoy these boards, and like to chat with folks around the industry to keep up with the latest gossip. However--a lot of folks know about our services, and I try to keep the business side and the social side separated. In this case, however, I wanted to let you know about Graham's quals and his willingness to help you...even if you ARE NOT a customer.

So--if that offends anyone--I apologize in advance. But .02 will probably be more than willing to share some of his expertise on this forum...

Thanks AlbieF15 for the #. I appreciate the information. It seems if you look around, there is one or two pilots at every airline helping those who want to fly for that company with sim and interview preperation.

Days Past

That USED to be what this site was all about. The only reason I still come by is that I promised myself I'd keep coming back after I got hired to try to "give back" if I could. This site used to be a wealth of information for those in the job market. Not quite so much these days IMHO.

Latest resources

Back