NWA had same problem as AF 447

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BS.

ASI's don't "roll back" to zero from ice.

You been shopping too much at Walmart.

ONE improperly maintained jack screw fails out of all the basic9 and 80series ac.

It wouldn't have failed completely BTW even on that flight had they not kept screwing with the damn thing once it was jammed...and just did a precautionary landing with a slightly less than ideal trim setting...

So give me a break...

And who says the video game aircraft are immune to hard overs?
We had one fail on a DC-10 due to cheap Chinese parts not meeting the standards that it was supposed to and jammed up.

After rereading this I only see where initials were used...If you would have clicked the link provided by Crunk you would have read the following:

An e-mail is circulating in the Internet presumably from the copilot of the flight describing the event. The authenticity of the e-mail could not be entirely verified, there are indications suggesting, that the e-mail is authentic, and there are some indications to the contrary. The e-mail began to circulate before the NTSB issued their press release.

Delta Airlines as parent company of Northwest Airlines are unable to confirm the authenticity of the e-mail or sequence of events described in the e-mail.

So please give it a rest. When I received the email I was one of many on the list and the info look to be of good value to those by Airbus aircraft. If DAL legal wants to get this guy I'm sure they will have a MUCH better chance by following the chain in the email...not sifting through flightinfo.com users. If the mod's want to take this - it's fine w/ me. But I'm NOT going to ask for its removal.

Baja.

I can verify the non verification justification.

After rereading this I only see where initials were used...If you would have clicked the link provided by Crunk you would have read the following:

An e-mail is circulating in the Internet presumably from the copilot of the flight describing the event. The authenticity of the e-mail could not be entirely verified, there are indications suggesting, that the e-mail is authentic, and there are some indications to the contrary. The e-mail began to circulate before the NTSB issued their press release.

Delta Airlines as parent company of Northwest Airlines are unable to confirm the authenticity of the e-mail or sequence of events described in the e-mail.

So please give it a rest. When I received the email I was one of many on the list and the info look to be of good value to those by Airbus aircraft. If DAL legal wants to get this guy I'm sure they will have a MUCH better chance by following the chain in the email...not sifting through flightinfo.com users. If the mod's want to take this - it's fine w/ me. But I'm NOT going to ask for its removal.

Baja.

It gives the airline, the date, the time, the aircraft type, and in the last paragraph it uses a full first name. Oh yeah, no social security numbers or blood types, so I guess no one could possibly be identified.

I don't know what link you're talking about, but in your original post, you say that you received the e-mail from a friend who is a retired NWA pilot. There is no mention of a mailing list.

Hope you never find yourself on the other end of a situation like this. You should really delete the post.

Tref.....As the link that Crunk posted says:
http://www.avherald.com/h?article=41bb9740&opt=0

This email might be a hoax. When I received the email it was from a friend who is current NWA. The email was forwarded to 50+ airline types, myself included. The original email has full names and dates etc. The link (shown above) states that DAL is aware of the email and has no comment. All I'm saying is that DAL legal has ALL the info they need if they are interested in this at all. And my posting an edited copy of the email here for other airbus drivers to read and possibly learn from shouldn't be getting your panties in a wad. If you are so hellbent on getting this thread removed send an email to a Mod...I don't care. Just ease up a little....

Baja.

Latest resources

Back