NWA forgets to pay XJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lancair360 said:
Mesaba took the bait and gave NWA contract concessions for new CRJ aircraft that will probably never arrive now.

Hold on there Baba-Louie - I have personally seen N601XJ and N602XJ sitting out in front of the XJ hanger in MSP. They are already starting to arrive.

If NW goes to bankruptcy, Mesaba will probably miss out on more or at least partial payments. Look at what United did to all of their regionals after they went to court. If "Mama" is hurting, most of the others will feel some pain too. Many of the regionals out there feel "insulated" from high gas prices, which is ridiculous. Of course the regionals are profitable, they don't pay for the difference in high gas prices. (According to Ron Reber, a SkyWest executive) Good for them!!?

And, doesn't NW own most of the Mesaba airplanes? I think they could decide on what they want to do with Mesaba and their future.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, I just hope that when XJ starts to feel the pain of non-payment from "Mama NWA" that they remember that the money flow from Mesaba Aviation to MAIR Holdings is NOT a one-way street. It's about time PF and some of the investors channel a little of MAIR's millions back into Aviation.

MM

General Lee said:
If NW goes to bankruptcy, Mesaba will probably miss out on more or at least partial payments. Look at what United did to all of their regionals after they went to court. If "Mama" is hurting, most of the others will feel some pain too. Many of the regionals out there feel "insulated" from high gas prices, which is ridiculous. Of course the regionals are profitable, they don't pay for the difference in high gas prices. (According to Ron Reber, a SkyWest executive) Good for them!!?

And, doesn't NW own most of the Mesaba airplanes? I think they could decide on what they want to do with Mesaba and their future.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The time has come to end this nonsense! The majors need to stop playing santa claus! This is the perfect time to tweak some of these overly generous arraingements. Let the regionals pay their own fuel costs! Let them make money when times are good and maybe not make so much or even lose money when times are bad. That is how the real world is. They have been living in their safe den far too long!

Hey Newman55
When NWA lets Mesaba or Pinnacle market their own product I'll agree with you. Until then...........I take whatever I can get.

Dodge said:
Hey Newman55
When NWA lets Mesaba or Pinnacle market their own product I'll agree with you. Until then...........I take whatever I can get.

Hey I dont argue with you on that one. If I had guaranteed money I would take it in a hearbeat too. Im just saying things should be restructured a little bit is all. The agreement worked fine when oil was in the $20s however those days are gone. The time has come to change things a little bit. I want all airlines to survive this mess.

I believe the toolbox is full.

(based on comments by newman and lancair)

I previously added mcnugget to the toolbox and have since removed him. He doesn't meet the threshold of "tool" like the other dense objects.

My apologies to mcnugget.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back