Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
So, I wonder if you NWA guys can explain this thing I hear about furlough protection with Compass or the other regional feeds for NWA.

I am sure that I am not the only guy who has wondered just what a DAL/NWA merger might do to crew planning for NWA and their plans to hire 250-350 this year.

My internal rec told me that there is some sort of a flow back/flow through agreement with Compass. I have an interview in March and am trying to do my homework. What can you guys tell me about this? Thanks.

There is a flow back program set in place with Compass. Mesaba has a flow up program, so I would assume they also have some sort of flow back program.

NWA's MEC negotiated the Compass contract and Flow agreement. When a compass pilot has 30 months and is captain 20 per month can flow up to NWA. If a pilot opts not to flow they forfeit the opportunity but recieve seniority protection in the event of a flow back. NWA pilots may flow back in the event of furlough to replace all but 10% of the Compass pilots and the NWA pilots become the most senior on the list. The NWA MEC was super smart to work this deal out as there are benefits to both. It is too bad other groups like Delta just gave away 76 seats and got NOTHING in return.

The mesaba deal is different. 3 a month can flow up starting in FEB. And then 9 later in the year. For every pilot that flows up one NWA pilot can flow back and in the event of furlough the most senior NWA pilot furloughed gets to flow back.

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back