• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA fallout: 'Distracted pilots' emerge as new safety concern

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks. Well there you have it. Wouldn't it be nice if the Feds would just issue an AD for the frogjet, but I guess it is better politics for them to destroy a couple of careers instead. :rolleyes:

Yep- Good point... I think everyone is mighty surprised that the ACARS doesn't make sound on this plane... Even old 727s has a loud "SEL CALL" aural alert. What the hell?

-The frenchies always have to figure out some way to be different.

If anyone was interested in proving what happened, they could examine the PC's they were supposedly using and determine if they were being used during the timeframe in question. Just saying....

If anyone was interested in proving what happened, they could examine the PC's they were supposedly using and determine if they were being used during the timeframe in question. Just saying....

It's quite possible, since everytime you access a file, it'll leave a timestamp. But since the laptops haven't been admitted as federal evidence, maybe it'll be hard to prove anything. But this whole thing is not becomes moot, as the flying public all think we're now worse than taxi drivers in NYC.

So there are no aural sounds at all, like Vertical Track Angle at TOD, or cange in vertical or lateral modes like LNAV to HGD after they overshot their last fix?

So there are no aural sounds at all, like Vertical Track Angle at TOD, or cange in vertical or lateral modes like LNAV to HGD after they overshot their last fix?

Actually yes there are! When you have a mode degradation, i.e. nav to hdg, you get a tripple click aural warning. I'm not sure they would have heard this while watching their movie!

ACARS on the Q400 is the same way. You only get a sound if you request an D-ATIS. Company messages received are quiet...just a flashing MSG on the PFD/MFD.

Too bad no one, not even their fellow pilots, can wait for a completed investigation before casting stones.

Latest resources

Back