• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa/faa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find this to be quite appalling and troublesome! This explains why airlines always seem to conjure up some "different" interpretation of the FAR's which always allows you to exceed the limitations. It is really sad when the FAA fails to enforce their own rules and regulations, which ultimately jeopardizes passenger safety! In reality, is there anybody really policing the aircarriers???

I find this to be quite appalling and troublesome! This explains why airlines always seem to conjure up some "different" interpretation of the FAR's which always allows you to exceed the limitations. It is really sad when the FAA fails to enforce their own rules and regulations, which ultimately jeopardizes passenger safety! In reality, is there anybody really policing the aircarriers???

In a word - "NO".

I guess the ALPA contracts provide better work rules, which fall within the FAA's regulatory compliance and provide a duty time and flight time maximum well beneath the FAR limitations, so this is not an issue for mainline pilots????? You guys don't even realize how well you have it.......

Latest resources

Back