NWA, DAL & Tricare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Klamath

Perhaps this belongs in the military section but I was wondering which health plan is the best. Currently NWA, soon to be DAL and I think that Tricare for Reservist may beat the DAL plan.

Any suggestions from those in the know? I live in a small town where Tricare isn't that welcome. Tricare standard might be the best option.

Whacha think?

Thanks, Kalamth

I live in a small town in FL. When we first moved here, not many Docs took Tricare. Then the local newpaper published a story of a pregnant woman whose husband was in Iraq and she couldn't get pre-natal care since local Docs wouldn't take Tricare. Suddenly, most all of them wanted to take Tricare. There's probably more vets in your area so make some noise if you need to.

And by the way, after hearing about other insurance, you'll find that Tricare is pretty good stuff.

Hopefully there will be more acceptance of TRICARE throughout the medical system. Live in the South Carolina area (and not within an hour of one of the bases/posts). Most medical folks shy away from the TRICARE due to the hassle on details they get from the filing and then slow payment from the TRICARE offices. They just need to get their money in a more timely manner (according to them). Would be really nice if the TRICARE and supplement formula would work. Good luck with it all....

Hopefully there will be more acceptance of TRICARE throughout the medical system. Live in the South Carolina area (and not within an hour of one of the bases/posts). Most medical folks shy away from the TRICARE due to the hassle on details they get from the filing and then slow payment from the TRICARE offices. They just need to get their money in a more timely manner (according to them). Would be really nice if the TRICARE and supplement formula would work. Good luck with it all....

That is the main reason for my hesitation. I live in a small town and it looks like I'll have to pay up front, out of pocket, followed by the fun paperwork with Tricare to get reimbursed. It can be quite a hassle, is it worth it? I don't know.

Thanks to all above for their responses. I think that I'm going to go for it anyway.

Latest resources

Back