Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you Occam for the information.

Last edited:
What will this mean for the ones awaiting an interview with either carrier. Will they shut down the hiring, if so, for how long?

What will this mean for the ones awaiting an interview with either carrier. Will they shut down the hiring, if so, for how long?

No one knows what this will mean. All you are going to get on here is pure speculation. Still have to get DOJ approval and who know how long that will take.

Anybody want to take a guess? Will it be relative seniority or some other method? Will there be fences put in place and if so for how long? What does this mean for new hires and prospective new hires?

Anybody want to take a guess? Will it be relative seniority or some other method? Will there be fences put in place and if so for how long? What does this mean for new hires and prospective new hires?

It means General Lee will be flying a Crj 200 and if he's lucky an E170.

I would imagine not much on the DAL side. They still need people to fly the summer months and the orders they have coming already. Once they are properly staffed for those it might slow down till the new plan is figured out. They are still going to hire 400 more pilots this year regardless of the outcome of the merger. I would think NW would be about the same.

I think that no matter how it is done, both MEC's will make sure that it is done as fair as possibly. There will always be a few of us that will not be happy.
Either way, we will deal with what we are dealt.

I would imagine not much on the DAL side. They still need people to fly the summer months and the orders they have coming already. Once they are properly staffed for those it might slow down till the new plan is figured out. They are still going to hire 400 more pilots this year regardless of the outcome of the merger. I would think NW would be about the same.
I agree...

But consider that all indicators are the new airline will be called Delta and HQ in ATL. That being the case, does anyone think NWA will continue to hire pilots independently?

If the goal is to consolidate operations, I'd think that the new Company would want one hiring, indoc and training program as quickly as they could get it up and running.

Some have posted that NWA is current on all of its' interviews and is taking a break until June. If this happens this week, NWA may be very close to interviewing its last pilot, ever. Just my guess that the surviving Company is going to be the surviving operations specification which will drive common training, etc....

Anyone been through this that has some insight?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back