• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA buys Independence Air Op Cert.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree that this is far from a good deal for everyone. What do we think will happen when that newco is all up and running. NWA will do a IPO and get rid of that entire group, PILots and flight attendants-everyone. It will have a contract to fly a few guranteed regional jets for a few years then it will start to whipsaw them against their mainline regionals and other regionals. Same old game, just now, instead of Mesaba and pinnacle pilots bithcing about who gets what planes, then bitches together that MEsa is undercutting everyone, it will be mainline who will be defending its airbus flying against........oh, NEwco and mesaba and pinnacle will be lucky to get any 50 seat jets since NEWCO will most likely get those eventually too......or will make the true regionals fly for so little, that there is no way this will even be an average career.

XJohXJ said:
If slimejet goes through, Mesaba is finished.

I agree, the only thing that would save you guys at that point would be taking airplanes from pinnacle, but what good would that do, at that point i believe that pinnacle and mesaba should just shut down together.

Why can't xj and sjet coexist?

Maybe I was a little harsh. The fact is: If NWA Pilots approve this, it'll only be the tip of the iceberg. NWA mngt will sell off routes, assets and eventually dump the pension anyway.
NWA Pilots would have to be crazy to buy into this, regardless of your seniority!
Today it's someone else, tomorrow it's you!
NWA mngt won't let you guys strike. They don't want to go in search of the next lucrative job opportunity with "I forced the last company which I worked for into liquidation" on their resume - it's worth more to them if they get concessions and keep the company alive. You know that they are carpet-baggers, so call their bluff and tell them it's not good enough after all it's only the first offer!

And another note for the mid-senior folks: Today's B scale (or C D E or F scale) will become tomorrow's A scale. That's how this lowest-bidder economy works.

Detroit22, I didn't say anything about PCL staying at the same size. I don't see them shrinking below the number of jets listed in the IPO though. I believe there would be numerous stockholder lawsuits if that happened. Its just not worth it. The only way Pinnacle will grow is out of some other bid outside of the Northwest system. And I'm not even sure thats plausible.

Any Northwest pilot that votes for this has to be crazy. It was a complete cave in. Management will dump the pension immediately before the ink is dry, then sell off SJet within 3 years. Maybe even 2. There is no way they would continue to hold the ownership in that company.

Ditto

redflyer65 said:
Detroit22, I didn't say anything about PCL staying at the same size. I don't see them shrinking below the number of jets listed in the IPO though. I believe there would be numerous stockholder lawsuits if that happened. Its just not worth it. The only way Pinnacle will grow is out of some other bid outside of the Northwest system. And I'm not even sure thats plausible.

Any Northwest pilot that votes for this has to be crazy. It was a complete cave in. Management will dump the pension immediately before the ink is dry, then sell off SJet within 3 years. Maybe even 2. There is no way they would continue to hold the ownership in that company.

Northwest pilots listen closely.....this is true. Don't let Doug fool you. Sjet is just temporary and WILL BE SOLD. Vote NO. The paycuts you've already taked are enough. Please call Doug's bluf. At the end of the day, he's just another scumbag attorney looking at the numbers.

yeah, and why else would they have newco when its cheaper to outsource, all for 30 more 76 seat planes? pay all that money for start up costs to operate 30 more AC than if NWA just outsourced to the lowest bidder (mesa) flys 50 some planes around and NWA makes cash......or this is the way.....they start newco, and in a couple years, wham, they do an IPO....and make a shitload of cash

Latest resources

Back