Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
Sources inside both Northwest and Delta say both are probably going to file tomorrow.

Link

From U.S.A. Today regarding the $42 million missed payment Northwest failed to make and its plans not to make a $65 million payment into its employee pension plans due Thursday.
...Vaughn Cordle, an analyst at Airline Forecasts, says. The carrier is "taking all the steps that one logically would take if one was headed into Chapter 11 and wanted to preserve as much cash as possible,"

This industry is so in the $hitter, I just dont think I care anymore.

What was the number to that truck driving school?

dispatchguy said:
This industry is so in the $hitter, I just dont think I care anymore.

What was the number to that truck driving school?

www.swifttruckingjobs.com , but it's PFT, 12 on/2-3 off/12 on with an average of 2800 miles per week. Talked at length with the local hiring manager...works out to about $40K/yr without much of an increase over time. Yes Sir...that's for me. But Swift is better than the average as they only have an annual driver turnover of 79% vs the industry average of...ready ?...134%. All this info DIRECTLY from the ATL hiring manager.

Now for Greyhound(www.greyhound.com), they aren't PFT, but there's no training pay for the 7 weeks of school up though IOE...but they do give hotel + per diem. Don't yet know about pay after that. But the recorded message on the hiring hotline says expect to be on the road "...a substantial..." amount of the time and refers to it being an "...adventure...", or words to that effect.

...so...

Don't know how true this is, but...

I was at a pilot training seminar for flight school owners several years ago and one of the speakers said that Greyhound won't hire pilots. Something about the accident rate being higher because they are so bored and overqualified they daydream too much and drive off the road.

AV1ATRX said:
Don't know how true this is, but...

because they are so bored and overqualified they daydream too much and drive off the road.

Well, actually, I find that flattering. It may be the only time in my life where someone referred to me as "...overqualified...". They've used any number of terms, but never that one.

How is it that a flight school owner seminar was discussing pilots/bus drivers ? In what context did that come up ?

Latest resources

Back