Nwa Amfa Hangs Alone, You Are Next

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ace,

The wrong number pulled out of someone's rectum was a post at the very beginning of this thread claiming that every pilot at NWA makes at least 120K. That is what ExAF is talking about. A 7 year A320 FO flying an average schedule made $ 86,350 last year. I'm looking at the W2 right now.

Yes, we all know NWA management is heading for the FA's next and then will come back to the pilots for more. I've seen the new opener for the pilots and it is pretty ugly. Welcome to 21st century airline economics.

Did you know that AMFA members were being told the reason the company wanted pay cuts and furloughs from them was to give the pilots back their Dec 1 pay cuts?

These are the kind of claims and numbers that ExAF and others are trying to correct.

gutshotdraw said:
Ace,

The wrong number pulled out of someone's rectum was a post at the very beginning of this thread claiming that every pilot at NWA makes at least 120K. That is what ExAF is talking about. A 7 year A320 FO flying an average schedule made $ 86,350 last year. I'm looking at the W2 right now.

Yes, we all know NWA management is heading for the FA's next and then will come back to the pilots for more. I've seen the new opener for the pilots and it is pretty ugly. Welcome to 21st century airline economics.

Did you know that AMFA members were being told the reason the company wanted pay cuts and furloughs from them was to give the pilots back their Dec 1 pay cuts?

These are the kind of claims and numbers that ExAF and others are trying to correct.

Interesting figures. A 10 year DC-9 Capt made $152,900. You must of had time off?

FO pay is just a wee bit lower than a Captain and it was the better half's W-2, not mine. I'm the airborne limo driver in the family. And no, she didn't take any time off. Flying min schedules since there are 600 still on furlough and every 6 pilots flying high time means another pilot stays on the street.

That sucks... I'm 4th year CRJ CA pay making $75k this year, albeit with only 13 days off per month.

How many days off a month does that average for her? (I'm all about my time off)... May have to rethink this whole flying thing if they reduce their pay much more - a 15-20% pay cut for her would place her making less than I do. :(

Lear, if you include commutes, she works 15-16 days a month. I'm begging her to apply to law school, but where else can you make less and less money every year while your machine says "retard, retard" to you?

Truck driving school? Oh wait, that's the truck behind you over the CB yelling "retard!"

Oh, almost forgot, their pay just went up again... What was that number? *sigh*

gutshotdraw said:
Ace,

A 7 year A320 FO flying an average schedule made $ 86,350 last year. I'm looking at the W2 right now.

Yes, we all know NWA management is heading for the FA's next and then will come back to the pilots for more.

$86K doesn't sound like a lot to me. Probably why I'd make a terrible ivory tower manager.

There is one NWA pilot who hasn't taken a paycut. DW makes $425,000 + ALPA retirement of around $150,000 per year.

WOERTH IT ??????????

Lear70 said:
Truck driving school? Oh wait, that's the truck behind you over the CB yelling "retard!"

Oh, almost forgot, their pay just went up again... What was that number? *sigh*

What was the number of that truck driving school again? TruckMaster I think it was?, I might need that...TopGun.

LOL, funny but not funny.

Latest resources

Back