Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Workin'Stiff

Fire in 'da hole!!!!
Got it from a good source that NW has secured an order with Boeing for 30+ 787's. It hasn't been made public yet, however, it should happen shortly.

It's what the birdy's sayin...

I've got a quick question for any NWA guys. Why does the compass arrow on the new paint scheme point to the northwest on the captain's side but point to the northeast on the FO side?

The same reason the flag is backwards on that side.

KTHornet said:
I've got a quick question for any NWA guys. Why does the compass arrow on the new paint scheme point to the northwest on the captain's side but point to the northeast on the FO side?

It means that the non-aviation focus group that picked out the new
logo fu@#$d up that's what it means.

Lot's have complained but their answer is "we wanted it that way"
Can you believe it!!!!

Dave B

Hi!

I was told it's so that the arrow is always pointing forward, showing that NWA is advancing. I don't like it.

I also don't like that the DC-9s tails aren't all red-they're cutoff in a straight line with the fuselage. The NWA guy I was asking about this gave me some answer, which I can't remember. I don't like either.

CLiff
MMIO

KTHornet said:

NWA has set the record for bad-ugly paint schemes. They've never had an appealing one.

CatYaaak said:
NWA has set the record for bad-ugly paint schemes. They've never had an appealing one.

Hard to disagree, I have always liked the red tail though.

(as long as the checks keep clearing they could paint them pink!)

Dave B

atpcliff said:
Hi!

I also don't like that the DC-9s tails aren't all red-they're cutoff in a straight line with the fuselage. The NWA guy I was asking about this gave me some answer, which I can't remember. I don't like either.

CLiff
MMIO

They wanted the circle to stop at the same place at the bottom on all of the aircraft, so to accomplish that it does not look the same on a DC9 vs a 747 but the circle stops at the same spot.

Be careful about all this talk about bad paint jobs; manangement will ask for more pilot pay cuts for repaints.

Unit

"Don't care what it looks like as long as it pays right."

Latest resources

Back