• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA 3Q results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The part I found interesting was: Mainline capacity 4th Qtr 2008 vs 4th Qtr 2007 down 8.5-9.5%. Regional capacity 4th Qtr 2008 vs 4th Qtr 2007 up 50-55%.

Where is the scope? It sure doesn't look like the DC-9s are performing better than the RJ's.

Oh well they are taking after their soon to be parent company. At DAL we love RJ's.

Only they are replacing DC-9 flying with rj's. While Delta replaced 737's with rj's. I find it ironic that the "new Delta" will slowly be slimlining its DCI portfolio. Wonder which carrier(s) will get the cut?

Should be interesting since all of them have the new super duper DCI contracts. Kind of leave Big D with only a few choices.

With respect to the RJ's. These numbers are a bit skewed as NWA feeders are building up to 72 76 seat aircraft. 35 Avros were pulled out of service which pulled the feeder numbers way down in 07. Now they are being replaced with the new 76 seaters which is driving the year-over-year numbers back up. This is a one time year-over-year bump as 2007 was a one-time year over year decrease. You'll see a net increase of 37 76 aircraft over historical NWA numbers when it's all said and done.

Overall, the operting profit was not bad.

Schwanker

But a fuel write down is still a cash loss. This frickin oil is killing everyone.
Lets hope we keep ticket prices up!

I sure hope that since the airlines bought hedges on the way down, they don't forget to buy hedges while fuel costs rise. I know SWA understands that, but I'm worried about the others.

Last edited:
Lots of the others cannot afford the hedges right now with the credit crunch. DAL is one of them. (hopefully crude will stay low until after DCC)

But a fuel write down is still a cash loss. This frickin oil is killing everyone.
Lets hope we keep ticket prices up!

Hehe... airlines... keep ticket prices up... yeah, that'll happen.

I just bought my dad a r/t on United from Tampa to Buffalo, NY leaving only 3 days from now and returning next week. Grand total $220 w/taxes and the whole deal. Given that or a payroll deduct of a hundred bucks and change so he can standby all day non-revving on NWA the choice was easy.

Latest resources

Back