• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NW goes after ATA in IND...big expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless NWA uses mostly regional jets, the battle between NWA and ATA will be bloody. From the looks of the earnings picture its turning into a 'Who can bleed longest' contest.

FlyBoeingJets said:
Unless NWA uses mostly regional jets, the battle between NWA and ATA will be bloody. From the looks of the earnings picture its turning into a 'Who can bleed longest' contest.
I would include those antique DC-9's as well. A new 737-800 or 757-2 or 300 isn't in the same league as an RJ product or 60's vintage 9. If a bus or 757 shows up it could be interesting but alot of hoosiers are already well entrenched in ATA's frequent flyer program. Midex and Spirit are still here so NWA needs to realize that they will be taking on LCC's for quite some time when they go in their markets. If everyone loves NWA so much, how come everytime I have flown as MSP flight it has been full?

I think you have missed the point. People don't care what equipment they fly (old DC-9 or new 737). Most are looking at one thing.....price. NWA started flying point-to-point in MKE not too long ago and, from what I hear, the loads are excellent. I believe they will be flying 36 flights per day in IND.

They are starting to cherry pick weaker carriers routes (Midex and ATA). They have a very strong midwest presence and want to expand more in this area. I think these new routes will do very good, but what do I know, I turned down SWA to go to NWA (and got furloughed)!!!!

furloughed dude said:
I think you have missed the point. People don't care what equipment they fly (old DC-9 or new 737). Most are looking at one thing.....price. NWA started flying point-to-point in MKE not too long ago and, from what I hear, the loads are excellent. I believe they will be flying 36 flights per day in IND.

They are starting to cherry pick weaker carriers routes (Midex and ATA). They have a very strong midwest presence and want to expand more in this area. I think these new routes will do very good, but what do I know, I turned down SWA to go to NWA (and got furloughed)!!!!
Your profile stated you flew the -400 for them, or is that for someone else?

Latest resources

Back