NW Council 20 wants to reject TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Occam's Razor said:
I went to one of the MSP Roadshows, and the presentation by the bankruptcy attorney was very convincing.
I'm sure he did... that's his job. Attorney's are the biggest spin doctor's in the world and they get paid $800 an hour to lie to you convincingly and smile.

Never trust anything an attorney says, even when you're the one paying him (or her).

1.55 hr Per Diem (got to be the lowest in the industry) ?
About the same as PCL.

80 bucks/Hr 190 Pay Ca. (Mid Atlantic and JetBlue0 ?
Pinnacle max CA pay... for a 50-seater.

14 Hr Scheduled day.... Who has this ??
Pinnacle.

I agree this sucks.

I agree the pilots should vote No.

I agree the pilots will probably be given an even crappier deal if they DO vote No and more than 50% likely will be told they can't strike. I then believe they should walk off the job anyway and disappear until the dust settles - hard to be arrested for violating a court order when they can't find you and all the jail sentences will disappear once it's settled (a la' ATC controller strike - the only ones who went to jail were the ones easy to find).

Unfortunately, I don't see this happening. I believe it's going to pass by one of those slim margins again.

God am I glad after my trip today I won't ever have to work for a red-tail banner again.

Good Post General...

Eagle can schedule you to 15 hours "at their discretion". And they do.

Best of luck to all you Northwest folks. I hope there's some better times ahead for all involved.

Lear70-

I believe your projection is correct...... the TA will pass with a slim margin, like 55% to 45 %. A whopping 65% will bother to vote.

Mr. Seltzer doesn't make anywhere near $800 per hour though. It's only $500.

320AV8R

Occam's Razor said:
Seltzer (the attorney) described how the judge has indicated he would view a rejection of a deal that he granted us 3 extensions to reach. The assumption by bankruptcy judges at that point is the negotiators don't speak for the pilot group, therefore the judge will grant NWA's 1113c motion.

The result is imposed Terms & Conditions, which is NOT a contract. If it's violated...tough. No grievances. NWA is not required to impose any of the items in the T/A, and would most-likely impose the February 3rd table position, since it eliminates most Scope, and meets their financial goal with no "encumberances" (profit sharing, equity for pilots, etc).

The next action would be a walk across the street to Federal District Court to secure an injunction against ALPA to prevent a strike. [See "APA Sick Out - The Wrath of Judge Kendall"] That effort would be endorsed by Judge Gropper.

The Creditors don't require a consensual agreement with the pilots to entice investors. The over-subscription of UAL's reorganization shocked a lot of the people of our Unsecured Creditors Committee. They now think enough $$ can be raised with an imposed deal.

And no, the rep in question didn't vote against the pay raise in 2003 because he thought it was too much. He thought it wasn't enough.

Doesn't matter though...he is precisely in-tune with 12% of the pilot group!

When your recommendation to the pilots is met with a vote of 87.4% contrary to your position, you're out-of-touch.

Thank you for a very informative post. Most people don't like info that goes against their own position and something that is this well written tends to make them crazy. I would love to see all of those who keep advocating that you take all the downside risk in the name of preserving the profession would also publically come out and sign an affidavit that indicates if the NW pilots lose their struggle and the airline shuts down, then all of those guys wanting you to fall on your sword will also resign in solidarity with their NW brothers. They should make sure to have some skin in the game if they want to keep risking your job.

theo said:
Thank you for a very informative post. Most people don't like info that goes against their own position and something that is this well written tends to make them crazy. I would love to see all of those who keep advocating that you take all the downside risk in the name of preserving the profession would also publically come out and sign an affidavit that indicates if the NW pilots lose their struggle and the airline shuts down, then all of those guys wanting you to fall on your sword will also resign in solidarity with their NW brothers. They should make sure to have some skin in the game if they want to keep risking your job.

Amen, brother!

I'll vote no if all you spectators promise to quit your job if we fail to preserve ours where you would like US to be!

Thanks for having the BIGGEST picture.

Occam,

What do you think about this person's "Post Rejection Objectives"? They look like a very plausible ideas for the pilot group to expect from the table with NWA.

Another request, would you please give your seat position, seniority? From scientific standpoint, I think it would add to all members preception of your viewpoint.

You know what I'm getting at, I think your way in the top half, and that does makes a difference on your input. Just like everyone of these votes these last 3yrs, the top half is yes, the bottom half takes it on the chin.

Occam's Razor said:
Amen, brother!

I'll vote no if all you spectators promise to quit your job if we fail to preserve ours where you would like US to be!

Thanks for having the BIGGEST picture.

I for one can say, I did.

COpilot said:
You know what I'm getting at, I think your way in the top half, and that does makes a difference on your input. Just like everyone of these votes these last 3yrs, the top half is yes, the bottom half takes it on the chin.
BINGO!

COpilot said:
Occam,

What do you think about this person's "Post Rejection Objectives"? They look like a very plausible ideas for the pilot group to expect from the table with NWA.

Another request, would you please give your seat position, seniority? From scientific standpoint, I think it would add to all members preception of your viewpoint.

Man, we have got to get one of these union things Occam keeps talking about!

Just for you folks that are guessing how the vote will go I'm on the 10 and you could say the seniority is ruffly 1/3 1/3 1/3. And i generally come up with yes, mostly yes, and mostly no.And the road show info is getting more people to think yes.Not to many guys are interested in being responsible personally for part of 40 million $ like the American pilots were for a period of time or have NWA get to impose anything.

Latest resources

Back