Nw Airlink Bidding?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Workin'Stiff said:
I was at a Pinnacle station today, and the rampers told us that XJ did indeed put in the lowest bid. No idea how they heard that, but that's what I was told. Take it for what's it's worth...

HAHA...I believe rampers jsut as much as I believe the training department

Yeah yeah, I know... Just food for thought today... But frankly, it wouldn't suprise me if XJ management bid on that flying with the termsheet they threw at the pilots. According to Special Ed, the bid for that flying was based on the premise that mangement would get the pay reductions. So the ramper may be more "in the know" than most of us are willing to accept...

And going on the fact that Northwest always looks at the bottom dollar, XJ should be a sure bet! Hell, we were 10% below Mesa on the latest termsheet...

**** Sense the sarcasm****

Used the wishlist to prepare the bid huh? Always a good business move to use the "what if" method. You know the old saying, "wish in one hand..."

Workin'Stiff said:
Yeah yeah, I know... Just food for thought today... But frankly, it wouldn't suprise me if XJ management bid on that flying with the termsheet they threw at the pilots. According to Special Ed, the bid for that flying was based on the premise that mangement would get the pay reductions. So the ramper may be more "in the know" than most of us are willing to accept...

Pinnacle based their bid on a set of "assumptions" on our pilot contract. Our CEO came out and said today that if they are successful on an award from Northwest that they [Northwest] would not execute the award until those assumptions are solidified. I would expect the same line from Mesaba management. This is the best kind of whipsawing. They aren't fooling around with promises of airplanes. They are going to seal the ASA then throw it on Captain Wychor or Captain Gordon's desk and watch them commit political suicide. There is no right choice in a situation like this.

Thankfully, I didn't like this job to much.

Good luck finding anyone of any quality to do this job for $13000/yr.
I'll go flip burgers or make tacos before staying here for that. Hell I made just under 20k as an instructor (with better medical bennies than XJ) granted I lost my hair and gained an ulcer from that job but what the hey.

Latest resources

Back