NPA president message

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Just thinking

Finally one piece of information coming from AP that makes sense.... Thankyou Rich and the others listed. I was a bit flabbergasted with AP's comment, ''The polling did not say what the pilot's did not want''.... HUH!!!!! I guess we willl need a section for bamboo shoots under the fingers...Go getem Men! We are counting on you...thanks again for your loyalty

Just read AP's message. Good move on his part and we have some good guys on the new advisory board. Especially gald to see Lear 70 on it. The only downside is I'm guessing he'll have to sign a confidentially agreement and we'll miss out on his in-depth analysis. (hope I'm wrong) I do think he will be much more effective on the inside. Clever move on the boards part to "silence" their biggest critic.

Good luck guys and thanks for pitching in.

Last edited:
Yeah... confidentiality agreement will come with the briefing on Monday morning.

I did have one caveat however, in agreeing to do this: when it's done, I will STILL be putting out an analysis on what we get and what we lost. I may not be able to say exactly WHY it worked out the way it did, but I believe the pilot group needs a clear understanding of each section that changes and how it impacts them, positively or negatively.

Yes, it was a clever move. I really had no choice once they asked me to join the group. Unfortunately, that's what comes with the territory. I opened my mouth, now I have to "put my money where my mouth is". Too big of an issue to try to stay on the sideline.

Jeez... I thought I was just going to come here, be a number, do my thing and go home. *sigh*

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We have a LONG way to go, and a VERY short time to get there. We'll see just how badly the company wants this thing done...

Last edited:
Let the Bandit run !!!

Yeah... confidentiality agreement will come with the briefing on Monday morning.

I did have one caveat however, in agreeing to do this: when it's done, I will STILL be putting out an analysis on what we get and what we lost. I may not be able to say exactly WHY it worked out the way it did, but I believe the pilot group needs a clear understanding of each section that changes and how it impacts them, positively or negatively.

Yes, it was a clever move. I really had no choice once they asked me to join the group. Unfortunately, that's what comes with the territory. I opened my mouth, now I have to "put my money where my mouth is". Too big of an issue to try to stay on the sideline.

Jeez... I thought I was just going to come here, be a number, do my thing and go home. *sigh*

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We have a LONG way to go, and a VERY short time to get there. We'll see just how badly the company wants this thing done...

This is exactly why we need a new president and a new NC. One that will not sign a confidentiality agreement to protect their wrong doings. Had this group kept us informed the entire time instead of hiding behind some BS confidentiality agreement that they all signed before they were allowed to be part of the "club", the pilots would have known months ago just how bad this TA was going to be. We could have put this pressure/recall together a long time ago and we might not be in this position.

Lear, I appreciate everything you've done. I know you will do your best for us. But it already sounds like our leadership has brainstormed a way to quiet the most outspoken opponent of the mess they've created. Personally, I think it would be better to recall all of them and then start over with you and some other at the helm. If you get in there and can't change anything because you're outvoted, then can't tell us of all the BS that has occurred (nor could you continue your rebuttal rhetoric) your presence on this board/mediation will have been useless, if not a detriment to our cause. They are playing you like a fiddle. Please consider this VERY carefully before you sign anything.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Is there a chance that confidentiallity agreement didn't have to be open ended? At some point, you have to be able to tell all. That would help to keep them honest.

Lear, I appreciate everything you've done. I know you will do your best for us. But it already sounds like our leadership has brainstormed a way to quiet the most outspoken opponent of the mess they've created. Personally, I think it would be better to recall all of them and then start over with you and some other at the helm. If you get in there and can't change anything because you're outvoted, then can't tell us of all the BS that has occurred (nor could you continue your rebuttal rhetoric) your presence on this board/mediation will have been useless, if not a detriment to our cause. They are playing you like a fiddle. Please consider this VERY carefully before you sign anything.
You and Newman are absolutely correct, and I will NOT be signing any document that requires me to stay absolutely hushed AFTER the document is put out for ratification OR after we withdraw from the table if we DON'T get an Agreement.

I'm absolutely CERTAIN they will TRY to put that in the confidentiality agreement on Monday. If so, I will politely decline absent another agreement that doesn't have that restriction in there.

That may very well keep me off the committee completely and absent me from D.C. If that's what has to happen, so be it, but at least people will know that's why it didn't happen, as I REFUSE to be restricted from putting out a pros/cons paper to the pilot group. I don't have to "bare all" that happened behind closed doors, but I have to at least be able to call a turd a turd and say why.

NO ONE should have to be "hushed" like that. This isn't Nazi Germany or Stalin Russia...

You and Newman are absolutely correct, and I will NOT be signing any document that requires me to stay absolutely hushed AFTER the document is put out for ratification OR after we withdraw from the table if we DON'T get an Agreement.

I'm absolutely CERTAIN they will TRY to put that in the confidentiality agreement on Monday. If so, I will politely decline absent another agreement that doesn't have that restriction in there.

That may very well keep me off the committee completely and absent me from D.C. If that's what has to happen, so be it, but at least people will know that's why it didn't happen, as I REFUSE to be restricted from putting out a pros/cons paper to the pilot group. I don't have to "bare all" that happened behind closed doors, but I have to at least be able to call a turd a turd and say why.

NO ONE should have to be "hushed" like that. This isn't Nazi Germany or Stalin Russia...

You seem to be a man of conviction and good moral character. I therefore predict you will never be a D.O., or part of this negotiating team.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back