Note Out to ACA DoJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I have flown on the ACA Dojets a number of times as a pax on repositioning flights and I want to extend my thanks to the crews who flew them. I always enjoyed those flights - spacious compared to the CRJ and ERJ with nice bins and a very rapid take off was always fun.

I hope you guys are not displaced and that this situation is worked out. What do you do next - do you plan for CRJ training or could you still fly the DoJet eventually? Will Skyway likely operate them out of CVG?

Good luck to you guys and I hope, if you don't get to resume flying on the Dojet, you find a new ride soon.

Thanks man,

It was definitely a quiet flight down to MYR yesterday. It was my FO's last flight before being furloughed, and right now neither one of us could honestly assure that he'd have an airline to come back to. For me, it was sad setting the brake for the final time on that bird. My first type, first Capt. upgrade, alot of sentimental attachment. I think most of us are watching our management to see what they're going to do, but if oil stays this high well into next year, I think the common opinion is that we're screwed. However, if we do not make it past these tough times, I think not one person here would go back and be taken over, or subjected to someone elses rules and scope. Just my opinion.

fly

Good luck to all you guys. It is a very sobering moment knowing that is your last landing in the good 'ol plane or the last time you'll set foot on it. I'm just a very sentimental guy and I have a real attachment to just about every plane that I fly.

How many are furloughed starting tommorrow?

God bless and best of luck to all of you guys. You always treated me well when I was commuting.

Going to miss seeing the DoJets around. Good luck to all at ACA/FLYI. Hopefully the Bus will bring good news for you.

Great airplane and fantastic crews. I suppose Skyway might end up the employer of a few of ACA's Dojets' crews if ACA/FlyI succumbs to the fuel crisis... Perhaps some of you will fly the Dojet again? Good luck.

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. Tonite all of the Do-Jets will be flown to MYR. First furloughs will be in Dec then again for the next 4 months until another 158 are on the street, remember we allready have 115 out now. Tough times right now. Good luck everyone.

The DoJet guys were always treated like step children at the company. At one point they were told to commute to Dulles just to get a new ID. They were constantly understaffed because management didn't want to spend money on training new pilots. Therefore scheduling used and abused these guys. Always extended, limited support...just show up and fly...
And they did.....

In adddition the Do Jets guys always flew safe and professional...

The company is indebted to these guys and they don't even know....

Any Dojet guy gets my seat in the crewroom anyday....

Just to set some things straight from above:

1.) Do-Jet crews are returning to Dulles in Seniority order to now transition to the CRJ. They are not retiring the crews with the airplanes.

2.) Because of the retirement of the J-41's and the Dojet, our Furlough plans kick into gear (especially since it looks like deliveries of the Airbus may slow). The announcement was just for 154 furloughs and 72 displacements that start in December and go for 4 months. Again, folks are furloughed in Seniority order not by aircraft type.

3.) As far as I know the Delta/Skyway deal is dead. Delta is tired of the Dornier and they have bigger problems than the small feed that the Do's provided. It is highly doubtful that a Do will fly Delta colors again - unless you fly to Myrtle Beach to look at them on the ramp.

4.) The original Furlough numbers were 303 as requested by company to the union. By rough estimate, approximately 100 folks took a voluntary furlough (or Leave of Absence), approximately 130 folks were involuntarily furloughed and some of those have since resigned. The company never furloughed to the max they requested. So as it stands right now, 230 people WERE furloughed, 15 resigned (out of the furloughed group) taking the number to 215. There have been other upstream resignations, retirements and dismissals which have tempered the original 303 number. If the 100 "voluntary" folk return at any time, the bottom of the seniority list will be "involuntarily" furloughed. Don't be fooled by your Seniority list. 303 + 154 = 457 - i.e. that is the possible maximum # which has currently been negotiated - although you are correct - 115 are involuntary furloughed, 100 are voluntary furloughs for a total of 215 right now.

5.) It is a known fact now that 4 CRJ's are "for sale". Expect more furloughs to match these aircraft leaving the property.

As an ex-Do flyer now in the CRJ, these guys will find a pretty nice welcome back at Dulles and will have an easy time transitioning to the older but faster CRJ's. And yes, you have to hit "Execute" to make the FMS work - big deal. The CRJ myth at the company is bunk. We're now finally all in this together - sink or swim.

And I hate to see anyone have to lose their job regardless of ex-Do, ex-CRJ or ex-J41. I'm now not that far away from the "next" cut. Just got to get up every morning, put the uniform on and hope for the best.

So, does Delta still retain "ownership" of the Dojets or will they revert back to ACA ownership? Also, why Myrtle Beach vs. somewhere dry (the Arizona desert)?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back