• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not looking good for United (Reuters)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oooops, you forgot Iraq cost us $1 trillion.(thanks Bush) Your numbers don't add up. Go back to MAF.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And, the spending that Obama is doing at least is staying in the U.S. Bush flushed billions down the toilet in the Middle East. We will at least see some benefit from Obamas spending. All Bush did was further destabilize the Middle East and make some contracters rich.

Yeah those W stickers on every suv the last 10 years were not rubbing it in. How about you righties take some of your own medicine and support your President. That is what the other half of the country was told the past 2 terms. The constant bashing of your president is showing the lack of patriotism and class of the right wingers.

What I'm sick of is all the Obama tshirts I see in the airports. I wish they would stop rubbing it in that he won. I didn't run around in a Bush shirt after he beat Kerry. Just goes to show the level of class of some of his fanclub.

Yeah those W stickers on every suv the last 10 years were not rubbing it in. How about you righties take some of your own medicine and support your President. That is what the other half of the country was told the past 2 terms. The constant bashing of your president is showing the lack of patriotism and class of the right wingers.
OK-I'll wear blue chap stick this July 4th to show my support. :)

The concern I have is that United is based in Illinois and that's where Obama got his political start. I don't know how strong the ties or connections are that remain - just see that it's possible for Obama to run some kind of interference for them.

I don't want to see 5,500 United pilots out of jobs. What you would get is about half of them desperate for work and willing to take any job out there(read Virgin America, Allegiant etc.) thus continuing our demise. I'd rather my airline compete against another legacy airline than one more start-up carrier that is able to get gate space easily after the demise of a legacy carrier and offer terrible compensation packages to desperate pilots who have families to feed. With that being said, I have not seen a thread(or much attention) paid to the fact that JetBlue pay rates have been brought up to respectable levels on the EMB-190. I think that has been a great thing for airlines looking to buy new 100 seat jets(or operate 70-100 seat jets with their own pilots) and negotiate pay rates for those jets.

What I'm sick of is all the Obama tshirts I see in the airports. I wish they would stop rubbing it in that he won. I didn't run around in a Bush shirt after he beat Kerry. Just goes to show the level of class of some of his fanclub.

Interesting that you chose the 2004 election instead of the 2000. Since, you know, Bush actually didn't win that one.

Yeah, you can't go into any airport news store and not see about 10 magazines/books that have either Obama or his wife on the cover. Hey, I get it, the guy won.....enough already....you would think he cured cancer or something.....and even then, if someone did find a cancer cure, they still wouldn't get the coverage Obama is getting.

I say let's see what great things the guy can do first before we make him a demigod. But I'm gonna need more substance to jump on the bandwagon. He's already back-tracking on not taxing the middle class, a big campaign issue for him.

Look at other presidents...take Eisenhower...now that guy, in my opinion, deserved a ton of respect. He had substance....he was Supreme Allied Commander for the US in Europe during WW 2. 5 star general...responsible for ridding the world of Hitler, etc. I can see if he was on every other magazine cover....but Obama, really, what has the guy done???

It is funny to see how many of you self proclaimed patriots talk so much sh!t about your own president. I disagreed with Bush on some issues but agreed with him on others, same goes for Obama. I don't hate either guy and would always consider it an honor to meet the President no matter what party he is in. Presidents usually drift toward the center anyway when they get elected. Obama isn't ruining this country nor did Bush. What is ruining this country are you crazy hypocrites that defend your party no matter what and turn around and condemn that other party when they do the same thing. Both spend your tax dollars like drunken sailors and then get you to believe its in your best interests. Bush was a good man and Obama is a good man, both have done more for this country than any of you critics on here so get over your blind faith in one party and learn to how to become a real patriot and how to respectfully disagree with your elected officials without sounding like a bunch of unpatriotic pu$$ies.

I have always thought of myself as conservative in nature....in the past I guess you could say I voted Republican....but to be truthful I am burnt out on both parties right now, I think they are pretty much all a bunch of crooks. So I haven't got "any blind faith in one party". I think they pretty much equally suck...if that makes me an unpatriotic p#ssy, oh well....just for the record, I have served as an officer in the US Army.

Latest resources

Back