Not LandCare Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gsrcrsx68

Does anybody know anyplace that has this type of setup in the West? Sounds like fun, but I live in Colorado.

passion4flying said:
Landcare have planes based all over the US.

No they don't. All the planes are based out of Utica, New York. We're sent to different parts of the country for different projects, but always end up back at Utica at the end of the season, or for a plane swap or whatever.
I might suggest Desert Wind aviation, but I haven't been able to turn up anything on them in the past when I was applying for jobs.

What is the "season"...it sounds like a great place to work and I have family close to Utica, but my life and girlfriend are in Colorado.

The best time to do the work for Pictometry is with no leaves on the trees and no snow on the ground. That makes it usually September/October through roughly April/May. I got lucky and was flying until the last week of June but then the work fell off and nothing has popped up this summer unfortunately. It is definitely a great job but you won't see your girlfriend much during the season if at all. It's definitely a great place to work. You have a lot of responsibility but that prepares you well for the next step in your career.

gsrcrsx68 said:
What is the "season"...it sounds like a great place to work and I have family close to Utica, but my life and girlfriend are in Colorado.

You can do what I did, my wife (girlfriend back then) came to visit me atleast once a month to where ever I was base at. 100% of the time I was base in a big city that had airline service. Plus it will give you a chance to miss each other and make your relationship grow stronger.
If you do that then get a CC that has airline miles and get a hotel membership card and get miles for your stay. For the year and a half I stayed there. I recived 2 free tickets on delta. :-D

PS work the system.

Latest resources

Back