Norwegian Announces US - Caribbean Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DC10

Maybe I should have posted this in the Foreign Carriers section, but it affects Major airline pilots too. It looks like they're starting small with 3 737-800s from BWI, BOS & JFK to Martinique and Guadeloupe, but this could be the start of something much bigger.

Reading the article, I had no idea how large their long-haul operation had become. If the article is correct, with these routes they will offer more routes out of JFK than any other foreign airline, and more US-Europe routes than any other European airline.

Interesting reading...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/norwegian-europe-best-low-cost-125800961.html

Uh, 186 seats in a 737-800? This can't be correct; at least not the "comfortable" part. :laugh:

" . . . the airline will fly its new Boeing 737-800s with 186 comfortable, leather seats".

Yeah, definitely not comfortable. Some European charter airlines fit 189 in there, with 29" pitch.

Ryan Air 737-800 has 189 seats and is worse than a cattle car, the seats are so rigid and an ordinary sized person cant even get the tray table down ( I have the battle scars)

Ryan Air 737-800 has 189 seats and is worse than a cattle car, the seats are so rigid and an ordinary sized person cant even get the tray table down ( I have the battle scars)

You forgot to mention the interior colo(u)rs that keep your cons and rods confused for weeks!

NAI and this business model is a bigger threat to our careers and livelihood than the ME3 will ever be. I hope the big 3, JB, and SW drop 12 flights a day on the same routes at the same time.

Latest resources

Back