Northwestern U.S. Part 91

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GGHLJ1

I'm looking for info. on Part 91 Corporate flying in any of the following areas: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Vancouver, B.C. For the past 7 years, I have been flying a Learjet with a good company in the Southeast- However, I would like to get a little closer to family (than 1800 miles) in Washington. I'd only leave for a very good job- somewhere I could stay for a long time.
The Companies I have heard about are: Costco, Starbucks, Vulcan, Nike and Weyerhauser. I don't know a whole lot about any of them, though. I'd fly for an individual/family, not just a company. Thanks in advance for any info!

In Idaho you have Albertson,Simplot, and Idaho power. Right now there is an opening for the power company in Oregon. I don't know how good it is but its probably stable.

I'd like to know about the opening with the "power company in Oregon." I know Pacificorp closed their flight department several years ago, and I doubt Bonneville Power (which is a government agency) is looking. Does PGE still have a flight department, or are they restarting it?

Otherwise, there is quite a bit of corporate aviation in Seattle. I'd look there.

Executive Flight is a good 135 Lear operator in Wenatchee, with a base in Seattle. You might try them as well.

psysicx said:
In Idaho you have Albertson,Simplot, and Idaho power. Right now there is an opening for the power company in Oregon. I don't know how good it is but its probably stable.

I had the same problem, but you can find it on BPA's website:

http://seek.bpa.gov/scripts/jobsearch.asp?scopetouse=mp

I don't qualify, as you need to be a current or past federal employee, or a qualified veteran.

Otherwise BPA seems like a decent place to work. I did a charter for them a few months back and had a chance to chat with some of the guys there. They have a pair of older King Air 200s. Generally, their turnover is very low, which is always a good sign.

PC12Cowboy said:
not a member cannot see the the post:(

Latest resources

Back