Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ_Driver

The Man
If you call Northwest at 1-800-225-2525 and ask about the possibility of NWA and DAL merging, they have a public relations response they will read to you. If they don't know what you are asking about ask them to read their memos!

Does anybody know anything about this? Seems unlikely in my opinion but stranger things could happen.

Dont know a thing!

But if I had to pick a partner, it would be NW as they are fairly solvent and doing well (not great! but well) which is better than most. I really dought that anything like this would happen anytime in the near future, but like you stated, anything could happen. One thing that I can really see happening is a code share agreement with NW and CO. That would deffinitely bring in some cash, but the Delta mainline pilots (I would think) will have great concerns over this. One thing is for sure, if you don't like the industry, just wait a minute, it will change.
:eek:

Who needs a merger?

ALPA endorses alter ego flying and with today's computer technology selling "Delta" seats on "Northwest" flights amounts to a virtual merger.

On the 26th the Delta MEC will be presented with Delta's re-org plan, including domestic mainline codeshare. This will make the Connection scope issue look like an ant hill in Gettysburgh.

I have no idea how ALPA will react, but it would be interesting to see how they treat the Delta pilots' PID request.

I am actually beginning to fear the union could fail from within, particularly if two of the most powerful interest groups who hold the power at ALPA national had to battle it out over seniority. Dangerous precedents have been set by ALPA's treatment of the regional carriers and the pardon of the Continental scabs. Our union might not have the moral, or morale, power to hold together under such stress.

It is a wild and unlikely rumor, but we know Leo secured the financing to do a little shopping. I wonder how Continental would play into this...

Fins, what PID?

"I have no idea how ALPA will react, but it would be interesting to see how they treat the Delta pilots' PID request. "

I have been out of the net for the last few weeks (back in the mil), but what is going on here. Is there an actual request? What exactly (anyone) is a PID. I was under the impression that it was a combining of seniority numbers to one list and I know that aint happening. Thanks.;)

First, I don't buy the rumor of Northwest and Delta. But to answer your question - "PID" is short for a Policy Implementation Date. It is a first step in obtaining a merger under ALPA's Const. & Bylaws.

Latest resources

Back