Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest and Midwest enter Code-share, MEH fear AirTran that much?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLB717

Pilot=proof of Gods humor
NWA, Midwest Air close to code-sharing deal

Thursday May 17, 6:13 pm ET

Northwest Airlines Corp. said Thursday that it has reached a tentative code-sharing agreement with Midwest Airlines.
The deal would allow passengers to book flights on Northwest's flights via Midwest's reservation system and vice versa. Eagan-based Northwest said the agreement would give customers more than 1,000 new flight options.
Midwest Airlines will code-share flights that connect through its hubs in Milwaukee and Kansas City with Northwest.
Northwest (Pink Sheets: NWACQ - News) will code-share Midwest Airlines flights between Milwaukee, Kansas City and Omaha through to Boston, Atlanta, Hartford, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
The airlines already have a frequent flyer partnership. Published May 17, 2007 by the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business

Great plan so far by Midwest misManagement. Brand new 717's flying with 88 seats. 50 seat RJ's for new growth. Yeah, best care in the air, ......in a RJ? Whatever. Now the code share. I remember when NW was a sworn enemy at MKE. This looks like a desperate measure to fend off the AirTran wolves at the gate.

Sometimes inaction is worse than the wrong action. Too little, too late. I know how I will vote on this upcoming board election.

So long Uncle Timmy.

TWA and AWA announced a codeshare and within a few weeks were bought out by AA.

they also were going to merge and the two mec's actually i believe had a deal worked out before the captain sold them to AA.

Latest resources

Back