Northern Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILStoMinimums

Anybody have any info on NAC? Time off, schedules, mins, etc.....? Heard they will be going all jet fleet soon.
Just curious what's happening over there, hopefully good!

Lots of good rumors

NAC has been given a new lease on life but I don't think it's safe to say they're going "all jet." Not yet. It seems the DC6s will hang on for awhile longer.

The ATR? I have no idea. But they were hiring for ATR FOs recently.

As for pay, you can pretty much expect "industry standard". That's what management strives for. It's not a lot of money but it's survivable.

Schedules: just like it's always been. Nothing consistent.

It's not the easiest job but there are lots of good people and now they've finally got some serious money behind them.

For the longest time I was afraid the owners would screw the pooch but it turns out they were crazy like a fox.

Just curious as to why the Empire / NAC deal fell thru? Anyone know what broke the deal?

Tired of ExpressJet already? Missing the DHC-6 or just Alaska in general?

Last edited:
i got a job next door with Arctic Circle Air, wondering what it is like flying for them? Wondering what their mins are? Etc.

The ATR is history

I just had lunch with the chief pilot yesterday.

The ATR is history.

Shortbus: Just call up the switchboard and ask to speak with the chief pilot. He'll take the time to show you around and answer your questions.

But I'll be honest, I used to work for Arctic Circle Air too. And I think your boss is a real good guy as well.

If your total time is really 500 hours I'd say your best move is to stay put, build your time, learn the "ins and outs" of the various airports, etc...

When you've got a couple winters under your belt and a couple thousand hours then you might want to think about knocking on NACs door.

Just some honest advice.
Good luck.

I've always wondered about those swingtail DC 6s. Kinda like helicopters...too many moving parts.

TSD

Not enough latches

twiceskunkeddog said:
I've always wondered about those swingtail DC 6s. Kinda like helicopters...too many moving parts.

TSD

Too many moving parts and not enough latches if you ask me.

There were two. One crashed. The other timed out.

They salvaged the "swing" part of the tail from the wreck and have talked about converting one of the other -6s but just never got around to it.

That foot dragging was basically a gift to Lynden Air Cargo who then swooped in with their C130s to fly all of the long stuff on the Slope.

Funny thing about that swing tail....when it wrecked the wing spar busted but the stinkin' tail held together. But I never liked the idea of my tail on a hinge.

I managed to fly both the swing tails when they were down south. They most definately have too many moving parts and too many control switches. If you want an interesting flight, be in a swingtail when the BIG RED light on the Captain's panel comes on. That will really wake you up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back