Northeast Airlines Lives ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

I didn't realize that in 2002 someone had resurrected the old Northeast Airlines name, complete with the old Yellowbird logo. They appear to have MD80, 747, and -1011 equipment plus the crews to go with them.

Anyone know about this. Last I heard, DL got 'em in '72.

Yeah,

I know the people behind it.

Total scam--that L1011 will see the sky when Delta, Northwest, UAL, USAir, etc. will be dominant, profitable airlines, and LUV won't be a threat to any of them!!!

That thing (L1011) is so much in debt, mx wise, it's just a matter of time when the FBO, where it's parked at, will repo it in leu of fees, parking, etc. owed.

ACT700 said:
Yeah,

I know the people behind it.

Total scam--that L1011 will see the sky when Delta, Northwest, UAL, USAir, etc. will be dominant, profitable airlines, and LUV won't be a threat to any of them!!!

That thing (L1011) is so much in debt, mx wise, it's just a matter of time when the FBO, where it's parked at, will repo it in leu of fees, parking, etc. owed.

ACT700,

Well, that's discouraging news. Since you know the people involved, I'll go with your version. Northeast was an old and proud airline with which I have family ties. I've also worked with a number of former NE pilots and FA's over the years and found them to be universally a great bunch of people. That's why I was interested in the story. If the name is being exploited, it's disappointing.

One old -1011 sitting on an FBO ramp collecting bird poop does not an airline make. How do you explain the MD80 and 747 references on the website ?

Look at www.neairlines.com for a very professional presentation. Is it possible that a group of sincere former NE employees is doing what they can to bring the Yellowbird back to life and are just having a tough time of it ?

In this era of so much BK news and troubled airlines, you have to have a soft spot for the great names of the past. BNF, PAA, TWA, EAL, NE, NC, SOU, and some I've probably forgotten ( with an apology ).

If you can add any more to this story, either post it here or PM me. Thanks.

Hey Bafan,

Go to airliners.net and do a search. They have some pics of a NorthEast742 undergoing MX in Feb of this year

Know a couple of guys who were flying the B747 over in N. Africa earlier this year. Some of your fomer buddies from the Big D as a matter of fact.

Quite a post on pprune, Rumors & News forum, about Northeast from a guy who's been there...done that. Pretty sad, actually. A once-proud airline whose name is now being dragged through the mud.

Latest resources

Back