North-South Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Latko

My question pertains to their hiring requirements. Their website states they're seeking pilots to pilot their EMB-120 aircraft. Requirements are 1200TT, EMB-120 requires ATP.
I would assume the 1200TT requirement is for co-pilots b/c that's the only thing that makes sense to me. If an ATP is required to pilot this plane, then you'd need at least 1500TT, not 1200.
Do they have other planes that I'm not aware about that would constitute the 1200TT requirement or is that for SIC's?
Looking for some insight. Thanks!

I saw one of their aircraft in Iowa this summer doing a charter. While I was on furlough, I gave them a call and they preferred people who are already qualified in the mighty Brasilia. I think I talked to the chief pilot.

I used to fly with the former chief pilot of North/South and even interviewed there a while ago. The former chief pilot decided it was more fun flying the line and is now flying a Washington-Alaska run. He seems to enjoy it but on demand 135 is not for everyone. The money was very good for flying an E120 however. If you don't have a job, it's better than nothing.

>>>>>and is now flying a Washington-Alaska run.

Hmmm, are you sure? have you talked to him recently? I was pretty sure that they had lost that contract and it was now being flown by an Empire f-27.

regards

I haven't talked to him for a good number of months now. I guess it's time to check back in and see what's up. Thanks for the update.

From your responses, it appears there wouldn't be too much flying.
Getting back to the hiring req., do they utilize co-pilots or is it all single-pilot?
I assume pax ops are 2 pilot crews but what about the cargo op?
Thanks!

Latest resources

Back