North American's QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1900heavy

Anyone have information about North American? Especially about QOL.
What kind of schedule a jr. FO (commuter) might expect?
Do they have short and long call out for Reserve guys?
How many days guar. days off?

I have two little ones at home. Just trying to be a family guy.

Thanks in advance.

That kind of a hard question to answer, but here are some basics. There are short call lines, only about 4 of them, and many long call lines, 24hr call out, and then some regular lines. There are 12 days off on long call and the lines vary from 12 to 16 days off. After a few months you can reasonably expect to get long call which is great cause you can live anywhere due to 24 hr. call out. However, reserve is about 10 days in a row, and you can be gone that long, but not always. Hope this helps.

Thank you much!! BigB!!
Lastly, a couple more questions, what type of trips go junior (local, 2-3 day etc), and how often do they use long reserve guys?

Once again, thank you.

That kind of a hard question to answer, but here are some basics. There are short call lines, only about 4 of them, and many long call lines, 24hr call out, and then some regular lines. There are 12 days off on long call and the lines vary from 12 to 16 days off. After a few months you can reasonably expect to get long call which is great cause you can live anywhere due to 24 hr. call out. However, reserve is about 10 days in a row, and you can be gone that long, but not always. Hope this helps.

How's Accra, Ghana? We start that from JFK in December I think. What are some other interesting places you guys fly to regularly? Do you go to Banjul? I think you did some Azores stuff from BOS and OAK for awhile over the Summer. Any other interesting trips?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Their are a lot of guys who live in NY who either bid short call or like the day trips out of JFK. Once you are on long call reserve, trips are assigned depending on how many hours you have accrued for the month, to try to get everyone up to guarantee. So you could have a mix of both long and short trips in a month. Gen Lee, Accra is not too bad, a lot better than Lagos to be sure. We were going to Banjul, but are suspending it for the time being. Guessing its going to be more seasonal. TER is great in the summer if you get a chance to go there. Doing a lot of work for the military right now so you never know where you might end up. Africa is the wild west as far as flying there goes. Not to much support if the plane breaks down. Have fun!

Since they fly now to Africa, would experience flying in Africa look good when applying to NA?

Thanks, I just got back from a stint flying in Africa, hear North American fly over me on the way to Accra several times.

do you guys at NA do any european flying. I thought my friend told me you guys go to Shannon. Is that passengers or military? D

Latest resources

Back