North American Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NAA stay away for now

I hear things are really bad their right now. Pilots are leaving there at alarming numbers. Alot I am sure is going to depend on if they get merged in with World. Worlds mgmt wants to keep them seperate and use them to weaken the union at World.

I have a couple of buddies there and they're pretty happy. I haven't heard anything about a mass exodus. It does have its own problems but I haven't heard anything like you said. One guy there has been an F/O for a few years and the other just upgraded and both of em have had good things to say. They are owned by world but they all say they are a seperate entity doing there own thing for the most part. Who knows. I'm still hoping they call. Its a defenite step up for me, so I hope they call and it all works out. Thanks for your info though.

World Pilots are on strike.....Primarily over the North American acquisition. So there is alot of uncertainty and alot of Bull---- going on right now. The info I have supplied is from twice down the line. I dont know if its 40 they lost recently or over the last year or couple of months... 40 out of aprox 120 pilots is significant though. Also referance the lawsuit that a former pilot their won. IF its a step up for you good luck. Also if everything works out to a merger it will be a better place to work no doubt..If not I wouldnt want to be there. Our current mgmt wants to use NAA as the ugly cousin who will do it for cheaper. We want to prevent this. Holding companies that are pitting two pilot groups up against oneanother is contributing to the decline of our profession. There is an example of two other pilot groups on this board that are dealing with this same issue.

So best of Luck and lets hope that World Air "holdings" mgmt merges the two to join these two fine pilot groups and let us prosper.

Bankangle said:
World Pilots are on strike.....Primarily over the North American acquisition. So there is alot of uncertainty and alot of Bull---- going on right now. The info I have supplied is from twice down the line. I dont know if its 40 they lost recently or over the last year or couple of months... 40 out of aprox 120 pilots is significant though. Also referance the lawsuit that a former pilot their won. IF its a step up for you good luck. Also if everything works out to a merger it will be a better place to work no doubt..If not I wouldnt want to be there. Our current mgmt wants to use NAA as the ugly cousin who will do it for cheaper. We want to prevent this. Holding companies that are pitting two pilot groups up against oneanother is contributing to the decline of our profession. There is an example of two other pilot groups on this board that are dealing with this same issue.

So best of Luck and lets hope that World Air "holdings" mgmt merges the two to join these two fine pilot groups and let us prosper.

Well 40 is not even close it is more like 10-15, and we are up to about 140 pilots now with more in the pipe, two more 767's coming this year growth is slow but that is the way it should be for now

Thanks for all the input, but I'd like to get back to the original point of the thread. Any one heard back from their interview yet? I know atleast one person who interviewed on Thurs. the 19th has gotten a call already. He got the Feb. 13th class date. Wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear, or if I should start checking the mailbox. Any info would be great. Especially if there's someone else out there waiting to hear. Thanks all.

What are the schedules like there? How about typical pay? I see that guarantee is 67 hours with each extra hour paid at 150%, but how often do you go over the 67?

Most guys are on reserve with 12 days off. 67 hrs is easy to do, over the last year I averaged about 80 hrs. with the high month maybe 110 and maybe one month at guarantee.

bigboeings said:
Most guys are on reserve with 12 days off. 67 hrs is easy to do, over the last year I averaged about 80 hrs. with the high month maybe 110 and maybe one month at guarantee.

How would you rate the QOL? Length of trips?

Latest resources

Back