• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freight_dawg

BOHICA
Northern Jet Management

Anybody have any gouge on Northern Jet Management out of GRR. What kind of company are they? etc..

Last edited:
Ive heard that the pay is Low, That they do some odd things like make you where your dress jacket at all times even while you are flying! My understanding is that there is somewhat of a "Cast System" where if your hired there with a lot of experience you are still treated like a brand new wet behind the ears pilot. On the other hand I heard training and maintence is good, the company is stable and makes money, and they also have an aircraft ranging fron citations to falcon 50's. The owners name is Chuck Cox and has a reputation of being somewhat of a Tool! I would really try for Net Jets or Flex Jets if you have the experience.

I work for NJM. It's a great company and you hardly ever see the owner. We have an awesome pilot group and any one of us will go out of our way to help you out. Everyone respects everyone else. There are only 30 line pilots not including the DO, CP, ACP who are also really great guys. Pay starts between 30k and 35k for FO and 50k for Captain. 6/3 schedule. We currently have 11 Citation Bravos, 1 Ultra, and 1 DA-10. We're getting really busy and we're short pilots. We're a Frac and 135 charter. We do a lot of flying for Sentient and we have dedicated pilots who are on a 7/7 schedule. I would recommend NJM, but if you can get NetJets or Flex where the starting pay is industry std. than I would do that. I took the job b/c I wouldn't have to move plus i'm 400hrs shy of NetJets. I'm very happy with my decision.....just all depends on what you're looking for. There are some of the pilots that are bitter but, I don't care where you work you can't make everyone happy. NJM does their very best to try to make eveyone happy. Interview is fairly easy, their just making sure they'll like you. No tech questions, just straight forward things. If you need more info PM me.

I've got a buddy who works there, and he has for at least the 3 years I've known him... probably longer. He likes it a lot and I think he is making quite a bit more than 50k.

Latest resources

Back