Normandy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flywrite

Anyone have any tips or experiences to share as far as travelling to Normandy?

I'd like to try to get there this year, preferably in early June for obvious reasons. I would be flying into CDG.

Thanks!

Look on line, there are numerous companies that will have a guide who will pick you up at your hotel in Paris and take you on a day tour of Normandy. My wife and I did this and had a great time. To give you an idea of the day, the guide was French (very knowledgeable) and drove our group of 6 people in a van. He was also a great resource for things to see and do in Paris, restaurants, etc.

We did this trip in October of 09. Flew into CDG rented a car a drove to Honfleu, we rented a house here for a week. It is awesome with a small harbor and neat town with great restaurants.Then we did day trips. 1st day did Omaha beach, cemetery and Point Hoc. Next day drove to Mont St Michele a must do, lord of the rings looking town out in the marshes.Then we hit some of the band of brothers battle sites. There are a ton of web sites to guide you around. Spent one day just cruising the back roads stopping at battle fields markers.
You will have a blast.
Hit Bruges Belgium if you have time

Latest resources

Back