Non US Pilots at Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

robbo

I am a non US citizen. I recently interviewed with Allegheny and was told by HR that they wanted to offer me a job. However they said they had run into trouble getting approval for sim training of a non US citizen. This will probably cost me the job. I know that Allegheny has to contract out some of thier training.

I have an upcoming interview with Comair and am hoping I don't run into the same problem. Are there any non US pilots out there that have ben hired by Comair since September.

I think that the new background checks and other precautions are absolutely valid. I just want to prove I am one of the good guys and get to work.

You will probably have better luck with Comair. They own their sims and should be able to train who ever they want.

I thought flightsafety owned them. They happen to be right next to Comair's headquarters, but I think flightsafety owns them, and uses them for other airlines as well. I do believe that Comair stopped using foreign sims though.

robbo said:
I am a non US citizen. I recently interviewed with Allegheny and was told by HR that they wanted to offer me a job. However they said they had run into trouble getting approval for sim training of a non US citizen.

Hmm, sounds like a crock of $HIT to me. I mean geez, they had to do the required NCIC background check, and other associated checks, so now they are telling you FSI is going to dictate who Allegheny can hire based on some requirement THEY have???

What EXACTLY is this NEW requirement by FSI and WHO must they get approval from to do training? It's not like you are some forigner here on some visa right???? You are eligible to work in the US as a Permanent Resident Alien. You're not someone walking in off the street to practice straight and level in a sim, you're AN EMPLOYEE.

Something just doesn't sound right if Allegeny has to go ask FSI who they can train.

AvCareerTV hosts Comair

Susan Burrell will be my guest and taking questions Wednesday night at 8 pm on AvCAreer.TV.

If you have the right to work in the us (green card) you shouldn't have a problem getting hired.

ALG uses FSI in YYZ for some of their training. All IPs are in house ALG pilots. The problem in general has been expatriot trainees who clear immigration outbound into Canada, but have had difficulty re-entering the USA from Canada because of visa problems. How they entered the US in the first place without a problem prior to training is unknown, but this has happened. Your particular occurance is a mystery as ALG has hired other expats.

Don't know if that clears up anything for you.
Best wishes

Straight from the FAA.
Apparently since the attacks, all non citizens must be approved before being trained in anything over 12500 lbs. The training agency sends a form to the Attorney General's office and if nothing comes back after 45 days training can proceed. Hope this info helps anyone else who might be in the same boat.

Latest resources

Back