Non-US carriers and background checks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

El Piloto Chido

Do non-US carriers include credit history in their background checks (as do all the formerly bankrupt US airlines)?

I would imagine they'd focus mainly on accidents/incidents, interpol crime records, ect.

Any info would be appreciated.

I can't speak for all non-us airlines but Emirates never checked mine. Hope it helps.

So let me get this straight!!!!!!!!!!!
if you apply for a job at a us carrier who has filed Bankruptcy, ( which most have) The said Airline will hold a personal bankruptcy against you.

what a JOKE The US industry has become.

Ok I see it now,
Interviewer: I see you have bad judgment because you filed Bankruptcy. can you explain?
Pilot: yes I guess I have bad judgment because I spent all my savings when The company I worked for filed bk then cut my wages and benefits in half with the promise of shared gains for shared cuts.

Then the mutherfl#&^ers filed Bk again and stiffed me out of a paycheck , all my sick time, then held up my 401k with my money in it until their lawyers got around to releasing my money to me. oh yea they cancelled my family's health insurance in the middle of the night when they locked us out.

But hey I haven't had any accidents, incidents, or ever been in trouble with the law, will that help?
Interviewer:
Thanks for your time, we will be contacting you later.

mwhhaaaaaaa.

Never heard of any airline outside of the USA checking credit.

It truly is a stupid way to filter people.

I dont think anyone would resind a job offer because of a bankruptcy.... however you never know.

Latest resources

Back