• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya that's what I thought!

Thanks metro for supporting my thought.
Actually it was the thing I was really disappointed about
***west airline. Before I belived they are diffrent, really ethical and more focused on humanism than other airlines. But they are same ****.

I think I'll send the interview team a box of chocolates for doing a good job of screening. Most airlines prefer to hire people willing to accept responsibility for their actions and performance. By any chance did you blame an examiner for a checkride you failed if you've ever failed one?
Excuses are like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s. Everyone has one.

If the company really didn't want to hire you based on citizenship status why would you have been called back for a second interview? It's pretty obvious they wanted to give you another shot.

One of our foreign pilots that I know interviewed twice.

Last edited:
To Dave

Ya~ you better give them a box of chocolate so they can get fat.
Sure your company is doing great job. They hired someone like you who can not accept any critism or any opinion whatoever
from outsider. Isn't it ***west's 'we are happy family' philosophy?
For company side, they need your kinda people.
Now I think I am really lucky cuz I don't have to work with somebody like you. Keep on your safe CRJ landing with narrow mind. ^^

Some people get it, some don't, and some never will.

Just blame others for your shortcomings. It's easier than facing reality.

You failed the interview. It happens. The number of foreign nationals employed by the company makes your claim doubtful. When you make a baseless accusation about a company you know little or nothing about you should expect some flak. A lot of our "new hires" are former employees returning. There are many furloughed guys from the majors in general. Now we've got that deal with Coex taking up a percentage of classes. It's highly competetive. I've ridden a van to the terminal with several well qualified white US citizens that were turned down. Their attitude was a lot different than yours. They said things like "I'm going to give it another shot in 6 months and work hard to be better prepared."

I noticed you couldn't answer my previous question - If the company really didn't want to hire you based on citizenship status why were you called back for a second interview?

Have fun in the Be-99. AMF @ BUR or OAK by any chance?

Last edited:
<answer:>
The reason I was called for interview..cuz my friends helped me.
In fact I got called really late when I compared with other coworkers with lower qualifications. that tells your recruiting people called me after big consideration or hesitation.
Thanks for me for spent 2days in SLC and $s at candlewood.
Just try to understand a guy who got dumped from a girl who he loved! Pity on him. Dont corner him like you do. I hope you try to be more generous.

<question:>
Why the foreign pilot, mentioned by metrodriver, got truned down
during the training for the reason he's not US citizen?

ps. I am not working for AMF. Don't guess that from my profile.
To be honest, I am a real estate agent making $9000/mo now with freedom of schedule plus I am flying corporate kingair of the real estate company. I bet I have better quality of life than you now. Don't think only the airline pilot makes a good quality of life. I am glad that I left your kinda losers club.
Well, at least that makes me laugh ^^

let's end this clueless discussion. Have a good life Dave!

Last edited:
I find it amusing that yesterday your profile said Beech Airliner Captain and today it says corporate King Air. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Here's a true and funny story. Before I worked for SkyWest I worked for a 135 outfit. Many of us applied at SkyWest. For some strange reason SkyWest hired a much higher percentage of people from my domicile compared to another domicile. Pilots at that domicile griped that the company had a hidden deal with SkyWest to not hire them. Obviously SkyWest would have no interest or motivation to engage in an illegal arrangement like that yet the rumors persisted.

I don't put much stock in who gets called when for an interview. I mailed my app after some of my coworkers with more experience applied yet I got called before some of them. There's not always a lot of rhyme or reason for the order in which people get called. About a year or two ago 5 or 6 of us wrote LOR's and sent emails trying to get an extremely well qualifed friend an interview. Seemed like it took forever before he finally got the call. He had lots of 135 and 121 time yet CFI's got called before him.

I am a non-US citizen who got hired at SkyWest for the Feb 2, 2003 class. The accusation that the company discriminates is absolutely baseless.

I think you're right Jayme. There is no reason to make such accusations based on assumptions. Although, I have been waiting for my non-US citizen background check to get done and it's been over two months. If you're not familiar with this process, then I should point out that a pilot, who has no prior Large Aircraft experience, cannot attend class until the background check is done. I'll just tell you that I missed two different class dates. For some people it takes less time. The government can be extremely slow and if they keep it up this way, then I bet some employers are going to get discouraged and hire less non-US citizens, because people aren't making their class dates.

If you were in a Feb 2 class, then you must have qualified for the expedited processing, which takes even less time than a normal background check for US citizens. But I must say congratulations! If you run into Ted Duvall, tell him his old CFI student says hello and hasn't gotten anyone killed. This guy is about 8 feet tall and usually shaves his head, you can't miss him.

Sorry, folks, if I'm beating a dead horse.

Thanks Jayme~

You give the hopes to many non-us citizen pilots in this country. Good luck on your career with skywest!
You must be 150%. 100% is not enough for non-us citizen.
I did not meet 150%. I think I had to work harder. Well, I missed
the chance. Working for skywest wasn't God's will..probably.. I take the result in humble manner now. I still thanks to my Lord.
Have a good life Jayme.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back