Non-rev to Ireland

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More important.

You can't buy a beer at the Guinness Brewery.............

Seriously. The one place on Earth where you can't buy a pint of Guinness is where they make the stuff.

Always been that way. It's a 'tasting room' with no liquor license where they can 'give' you a pint with your tour ticket.. But one is all you're gonna get and all the tea in china won't get you another.

CO has two flights a day to DUB from EWR. There are also flight to SNN and BFS from EWR daily. If you add the UK destinations, LHR, MAN, BHX, EDI, GLA, you add some serious flexibility. There are 5 LHR flights a day from EWR! (not to terribly hard to non-rev on those), two a day to MAN and the rest have one daily flight.

If you broaden your choices to all of the UK and Ireland, to can gate hop in EWR and find something open I'm sure. Good luck.

BUY A REAL TICKET. It's a nightmare. We went to Ireland last year. Took AAL92/93. It was a 763. Not bad at all. STILL got upgraded to Business over. It STILL amazes me what a cheap box of Godiva can do. Coming back, coach. It was full. It this is a meaningless "I wanna get away" trip, then non-rev, but if you reserve hotels and stuff, buy a ticket. PM if you need any further help. Beautiful country.

If you are going over alone, or with another pilot type, I would suggest Atlas or Kallita for trips to/from Europe in the summer. Best seat you will ever get and usually no competition from other jumpseaters. You may have to put up with some smaller airports, but it is the best ride across the pond you will get. Kallita does a lot of AMS to EWR (at least they used to). Took Atlas back from Europe a few weeks ago and had to do LUX to HSV, but almost zero stress.

At least in 2004 you could buy a pint in the gravity bar. 3.50 ea up to 6pm, tokens only after that. Can't see why they would not allow it now as the tourist traffic must have dropped way off. They don't advertise it, just ask.
I stand corrected.
They seem to have done a great deal of construction since my last visit. There used to be only one windowless room in the bowels of St. James Gate complex. There is now apparently a Storehouse complex with a fishbowl bar that does sell pints.

Nice to see they read my suggestion card and got somebody on that.
You're welcome.;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back