Non-Rev to Europe???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LyodChristmas

Hey guys I was thinking about non reving to amsterdam this month. Does anyone who has done it have any advice on good plans to get back home if the flights on my carrier are full? Anything else I need to know? Thanks!

All I can say is that if you can afford to go to Europe given the current weakness of the US dollar, then be prepared to have some difficulties on the way back. Europeans are finding it VERY affordable to come here on vacation, and the flights out of Amsterdam tend to be very heavily booked.

Delta out of Edinburgh to Atlanta is often better than average for availability, and Amsterdam to Edinburgh seats on Easyjet are quite affordable.

Really it depends on your non-rev priority. If you travel on an ID90 basis on a carrier other than your own, then you are at the bottom of the list for "space availability". The only sure way is to non-rev over there, and buy the cheapest positive space seat back. In this case, be prepared to subject yourself to extra security procedures due to the fact that one-way ticketed passengers into the US are considered "suspect"!

In any case, if you do go, good luck, enjoy, and be prepared to spend a bundle!

Just do it!

I went to London last week on airways as a non-rev round trip (tried to anyway) out of CLT non-stop. The loads were good on the days I picked and I have good priority. Both ways my flight was canceled that pretty much screws every other flight going to your destination. On the way out I had to wait two full days to finally find a good flight after it canceled. On the way back it canceled and I walked over to the NW ticket counter and asked for the jump seat paid $100 US in taxes and was in Business great crew. Had to connect in Detroit though.

The advantage is you can usually sit in business which is great on international flights but you could really burn yourself if a flight gets canceled. I heard you can sit in flight attendant jump seats if the cabin gets packed but I'm not sure. I would hate to try and do it with family or friends that had to get on too though. Loads suck right now.

Forget AMS just go to Prague....its really tough paying 1usd for a big ol beer at a pub :)

Can I come to Amsterdam with ya !? please !!!!
Miss my home town.... Can't put a price tag on ordering a big mac and a cold beer at mc donalds on a sunday morning after clubbing all night.

Don't forget to tour the Heineken brewery.

Latest resources

Back