Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev priority...How does your company do it???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Headfake14

646 3A
I know Delta is date of hire and I know Jetblue is whoever checks in first regardless of hire date.

How about SWA, Airtran, American...ect. Just wondering

United is straight DOH for nonrev and jumpseat on UA aircraft. UAxpress is a little bit different.......Express employee's go first on their equipment for non rev, then UA employees by DOH, followed by everyone else. Jumpseat varies from UAxpress operator to operator. Like on Republic, a United guy has priority over say an Air Wisc guy, but on Mesa it is just first come first served. Because of Mesa's policy, they now have lower priority on the UA jumpseat compared with other UAxpress pilots......

I know Delta is date of hire and I know Jetblue is whoever checks in first regardless of hire date.

How about SWA, Airtran, American...ect. Just wondering
Delta is DOH if you are on the same priority...example - all listed as S3 or all S3b.

DOH at AAI.....unless Shanequa had a bad night with her baby's daddy in College Park, then no standbys get on.

AAI is actually whoever lists first within a boarding code. If you were hired last year, you would have been a 4O. If you are a 4O and you list first, then you get on first. So it's kinda DOH with that other weird stipulation. I think the coreect way to do it is straight DOH but what do I know, I'm a button pusher about to go to nursing school.

Well, the folks that booked early enough in advance get to chose their seats and pretty much have the pick of the plane. When it comes down to leaving folks behind, after all the volunteers are processed, then the involuntary oversales are left behind in reverse order of how much they paid excepting Elites and if only one seat is needed, groups tend to not be broken up. They'll receive full compensation for being left behind.

Oh wait, were you talking about employee and buddy non-rev travel?

AAI is actually whoever lists first within a boarding code. If you were hired last year, you would have been a 4O. If you are a 4O and you list first, then you get on first. So it's kinda DOH with that other weird stipulation. I think the coreect way to do it is straight DOH but what do I know, I'm a button pusher about to go to nursing school.

That is how it is usually done, but the correct way is for the Gate agent to ask for DOH for standbys on the same priority code. Good luck ever seeing it happen, but that is the actual rule. See the Station Manual on the today site for exact wording. FWIW...

Latest resources

Back