Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bruin-Flyer

Greetings,
I apologize if this has been covered before, but I was wondering what the non-rev policies were for most regional carriers. In other words, who gets to fly for free?: Spouse, Parents, etc.?

I assume that each company has their own individual policies, but is there a general policy that most regional carriers abide by?

Also, I will use Skywest as an example. If you fly for Skywest, can you and your spouse/parents also non-rev on their code share partners (i.e., United, Delta)?

Thanks

Hi!

Each airlines policy is somewhat different.

Basically, you (the pilot), your immediate family, and your parents can fly "free". There are also often buddy passes available that U can give to anyone U want.

"Free" means free or at a very low cost. U can usually at least get an ID90 or ID75 at basically any airline. For example, TSA families can fly in LOT (the Polish airline) on an ID90.

Many airlines are no cost, or a nominal fee to cover the ticket processing expenses. Usually, U also have to pay other costs associated with overseas (for example, Mexico charges a tax per passenger, which the non-revs typically have to pay-it was $35, I believe).

The ID__ means that U can fly for __% off of the regular coach fare ($850 coach = $85 cost).

CLiff
DTW

just remember, regardless if its free or not, non rev travel is STANDBY...

its almost better to just get a confirmed ticket on orbitz.

however, it was great non reving in 2001. few pax were flying, and you cant beat roundtrip in business class to japan for under $50 (ual)

:D :D

At Air Wisconsin we get benefits for our immediate families and the employee's parents. This is for anything in the United Airlines system. i.e. UAL and the express carriers (SkyWest, ACA, AWAC and I guess Mesa and TransStates). It used to be free for Domestic but now it is some convoluted formula involving taxes, fees and a mileage rate, (just over half-a-penny per mile for coach) The cost goes up for first class and for international stuff.

I pay about $14.00 to fly Houston-Denver and $15.00 Houston-Chicago.

We also get some kind of rate for AirTran but I think it is $25 per segment or something not that great. I haven't used it. The other regionals with more than one partner have their own policies.

We also get rates with other carriers as mentioned above. We get ZED fares on American and Continental. These are slightly better than ID90s. We can fly any Southwest segment for $25 I think. It all depends on your agreement with the individual airlines.

Our buddy passes are junk. We get 24 segments a year with the cost based on some percentage of a full fare ticket. And it takes about 2 weeks plus for them to process your request so the last minute thing is useless.

That's about all I'm goin' to say about that

Latest resources

Back