Non aviation subject. This is well put!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wow

I read flightinfo everyday, only post a few times a year...but I have to say this is one of the best posts I have read in a while...

How real it is....

I'm going to give you guys/gals a quote from the book I'm readying...check this out...

"The Democratic's if they won the President's office would have a great time dismantling the Navy, banning nuclear weapons, cutting out our shipbuilding programs, and above all ending the building of aircraft carriers for the foreseeable future. They would then take all of that money and do what they always do---give it away to the poor, the weak, the sick, the incompetent, the stupid, and the idle, and wrose, the dishonest.

"The four billion dollars we spend on building an aircraft carrier each year keeps top engineers, ship builders, scientists, and steel corporations in real-time profitable work, honing skills, keeping this county out there in front...with an end product, which, all on its own, helps to keep every American safe. "When you build an Aircraft Carrier you make this country happen. And you get at least half back in taxes."

Democratics...get real or get out

You ressurected (oopps!! Did I say ressurected?) an interesting thread.

Some would charge that the building of military equipment, such as ships, is imprudent, and an example of "corporate welfare."

Regular welfare produces no product, creates a dependent underclass, and often ends up in the underground economy, where it is no loger taxed or tracked, sometimes finding its way into financing terror.

As you pointed out, or the author of your book pointed out, we get so much back when we invest in ships, planes, new technology, space exploration, and other gainful pursuits.

It's an investment in our future.

Wow! This was a while back, almost two years ago. Factual and interesting.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back