Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
One time there was a young teenage girl that was about to finish her first year of
college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and her father
was a rather staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on
his beliefs and his opposition to programs like welfare. He stopped her and
asked her how she was doing in school. She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA
but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party and often went sleepless because all of the studying. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of all
her studying.

He then asked how her friend Mary, that was attending the same college, was doing. She replied that she was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA and never studied. She was very popular on campus and was at parties all the time. She often wouldn't show up for classes because she was hung over. He then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 and give it to her friend that only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a 3.0 GPA.

She fired back and said "that wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine
and my friend has done nothing for hers." After a moment of silence, she replied, "I guess I will never vote Democrat again."

High five, TEXAN.
j

Inapplicable analogy.......one's subjective responsibility to contribute to society is hardly analagous to your cute story. No matter how much the trendy soundbytes are repeated, something for nothing and lack of work ethic are not liberal traits.

Sorry my friend, it's not that simple.

Last edited:
High Five Waka!

Awesome!

An excellent retort!

(I'm really bored with the conservative drivel on this board. Can't we just stick to aviation)

You don't see any liberals posting useless rhetoric on this board.

Thanks for listening.:rolleyes:

As a former guilt-ridden liberal of the first order, I think that analogy is right on the money. The American ethic is to receive what you earn, and give charitably to the unable not the unwilling.

Clearly, the girl's friend falls into the unwilling category.

How is this relevant to aviation? It is a philosophical principle that is tied directly to our form of government, our corporate and social structure, and our culture. All of these things are currently under attack, and we are suffering directly from this attack in the aviation industry. Our principles caused us to step up to the plate in the 1940's, and are drawing us to defend our way of life today.

What could be more important to our jobs in aviation?

Does anyone else see the irony here? Employees of an industry that couldn't survive without government bailout money bemoaning the fact that our government helps those in need. If you feel that strongly about tax dollars being used to help others then demand your CEOs return all the government bailout money they have taken in the last year. Then you would all be out of work looking for your unemployment benefits. Geez!!!

Last edited:
Here's the irony I see: a large part of our industry, United Airlines, a supposedly employee owned airline, begging its machinist union to accept the same kind of give backs that the other labor groups have agreed to, in order to receive a bailout from taxpayers like myself who were legally discriminated against in hiring by the airline.

Now that's ironic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back