Noise restrictions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PhatAJ2008

My apartment is beside a not so busy street, but every so often there is that biker that almost always seems to have to rev up his engine right outside my window. Why is it that there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on how loud those darn things can be on the streets, but there are many restrictions on aircraft noise? I, myself find those motorcycles much more annoying and un-needed!

PhatAJ2008 said:
My apartment is beside a not so busy street, but every so often there is that biker that almost always seems to have to rev up his engine right outside my window. Why is it that there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on how loud those darn things can be on the streets, but there are many restrictions on aircraft noise? I, myself find those motorcycles much more annoying and un-needed!

Actually, there are restrictions on noise-levels from motorcycles. The problem seems to be with enforcement. I know that I myself have been pulled over numerous times for loud exhaust, but I was driving a truck. I hardly ever see motorcycles pulled over.....for anything. Go figure.

As far as aircraft, I generally think that people who complain about aircraft noise are pretty anal. If they constantly hear noise, are they not located near an airport or some major airway??? In that case, nothing will change the noise. Unless aircraft are literally buzzing their houses, people should quit their crying. Even the occasional fly-over isn't all that loud...

UnAnswerd said:
As far as aircraft, I generally think that people who complain about aircraft noise are pretty anal. If they constantly hear noise, are they not located near an airport or some major airway??? In that case, nothing will change the noise. Unless aircraft are literally buzzing their houses, people should quit their crying. Even the occasional fly-over isn't all that loud...

I agree. That reminds me of all the people that live around BED. First of all, the airport was there well before they built their mulit-milloin dollar houses and they still have the nerve to complain. And what are they complaining about? 152's doing touch and goes around the pattern! I'll tell ya, I'd love to take off runway 29 there in a Lear 25 and level at 500 feet with the gear and spoilers hanging out and the power well up over 95%. Now that should give them something to complain about!:D

Latest resources

Back