Noise Cancelling Headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MauleSkinner said:
I'm not going to say that you'll go deaf from it, but I personally notice more fatigue at the end of a long flying day with ANR's than I do with really good noise attenuating headsets.
Maybe you have the wrong ANR headset. Or possibly you're sticking eyeglass frames through the sides breaking the seal or applying pressure to the side of your skull.

I routinely fly 8 to 12 hour days in an average noise producing single using a Bose X headset, and also pipe-in XM stereo music and talk radio during of these long trips, adding extra noise. I find no fatigue or pain, other than my butt gets sore and the bottoms of my thighs feel numb and "vibroed" for a couple of hours after landing.

Moonfly201 said:
Maybe you have the wrong ANR headset. Or possibly you're sticking eyeglass frames through the sides breaking the seal or applying pressure to the side of your skull.

Or maybe I have the right non-ANR headset ;)

yes, I wear glasses, so that probably makes a difference, and I fly some extremely noisy airplanes.

It also brings up another interesting point that I thought I'd pass along...one of my training clients wears behind-the-ear hearing aids...ANR's don't work for him, either, since they're not cancelling the noise where his hearing aids pick it up.

Fly safe!

David

Latest resources

Back