Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No word at all from Colgan after interviewing a month ago!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also interviewed on the 8th of March. I DO have a college degree, thought I did well in the oral, decent in the sim, and KNOW that I got a very good score on the written. Every candidate that I have spoken to from that interview date is still waiting to hear. I have not gotten a letter and have only gotten the run around when I have called. I can't afford to be thankful that I haven't gotten a job there yet like some of the postings say I should do. I don't think I can stand to be in a 172 through another Mississippi summer! Thanks for letting me vent.

HangerRat said:
I interviewed 4 weeks ago with Colgan. . . I have not received a phone call nor a letter. . . I am also talking to several others who I interviewed with and they have not heard a thing either. . .I have heard of some others who interviewed last week are already hired. Anyone else in the same boat? When and where is the next groundschool? Why is Chuck stalling us?

I'm at 9 weeks from Pinnacle!

All to common treatment!

This type pf treatment is all too common these days, dont feel like your alone, many of the airlines do the same thing....I was even offered a job and then had it recended in the 11th hour...
All you can do is send them a friendly reminder of interest letter maybe a phone call and that is about all you can do, but be careful you can run the risk of Pi$$ing people off and force the wrong answer out of them because of persistance...

Be patient and keep looking elsewhere in the mean time...nothing is for certain until you actually start working there

Last edited:
This seems to be an isolated incident with that particular interview group. Everyone else that I know has interviewed has gotten a call back within days, a week or two at most. But yea all you can do is send Francene or Chuck an e-mail reminding them of your interest and politely asking about where you stand.

Sometimes Colgan waits til the last minute before telling you to come in for class, but I think of lately they have started planning ahead more .... it's kind of a mistery why they haven't called you guys .... hope we haven't stopped hiring cuz I like where my seniority is going ...

Anyway, good luck guys, and don't give up if you want to come here ...

P.S. Don't think all the airlines will hire u on the spot and it's all gravy, I got friends who got hired at both Air Whisky and MESA and have been waiting for MONTHS for a class, in the meantime they had to go back to their CFI jobs after having given notice ... not quite cool ...

Last edited:
Wag

I think that they saving us for the B1900, because they are only hiring to the saab right now. That's my WAG.

Mosquito said:
I think that they saving us for the B1900, because they are only hiring to the saab right now. That's my WAG.

Then consider yourselves lucky .... You're better off going into the Beech right now, the upgrade is gonna be ridicolously fast for u guys ... The guys on the Saab will have to wait much longer (earning Saab FO pay) as opposed to Beech captain pay, and there's a BIG difference between the two ...

TheBigH said:
Then consider yourselves lucky .... You're better off going into the Beech right now, the upgrade is gonna be ridicolously fast for u guys ... The guys on the Saab will have to wait much longer (earning Saab FO pay) as opposed to Beech captain pay, and there's a BIG difference between the two ...

I don't feel lucky because I don't Know If i got hired. But for now it's pissing everybody at ATL airspace while I do Aerial Mapping around here! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back