No one but pilots go through security

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

Customer service agent takes a semiautomatic through an "employee entrance" for a friend. Great TSA policy. You can get a job at the airport and the next day can go through an unmonitored employee entrance with a semiautomatic. Aircrews get the equivalent of a top secret security clearance and still have to schlep through the xrays. Make perfect sense.

FBI: Airline worker helped get gun on plane
US Airways employee swapped carry-on bags with friend to bypass security
The Associated Press
updated 7:29 p.m. ET, Thurs., June 4, 2009

PHILADELPHIA - The FBI charged a US Airways employee with helping his roommate get a concealed, semiautomatic handgun onto a plane departing Philadelphia early Thursday.
Customer service agent Roshid Milledge switched black carry-on bags with passenger Damien Young at the gate so Young could board the 7 a.m. flight to Phoenix with the unloaded 9 mm weapon, the FBI said in an affidavit.
Young, 29, was moving to Phoenix and had asked Milledge about the procedures for transporting guns. Milledge, 38, instead agreed to carry the bag through an employee entrance so it would not be screened by security.
An alert fellow passenger saw the switch and, sensing that Milledge seemed "fidgety," raised concerns. Young, already on the plane, allegedly denied to a US Airways manager that he had switched bags with anyone. The plane then started to taxi, but was soon called back to the gate so Young could be removed.
He then admitted the bag was his and both men gave statements, the FBI said. Milledge told agents he had grabbed the wrong laptop bag from their Philadelphia home that morning and was switching it back.
The gun is registered to Young, and he had a valid permit to carry it, authorities said.
The men were in federal custody late Thursday with court appearances expected in the next few days. Neither had a listed telephone number, and they did not appear to be represented by counsel.
The Transportation Security Administration declined comment because of the FBI investigation, spokeswoman Ann Davis said.
US Airways Flight 1195 departed Philadelphia several hours later. In a statement, the Tempe, Ariz.-based airline said only that additional passenger screening took place "after a concern was raised about a carry-on bag."
"We are cooperating with investigators fully and take security considerations very seriously," said the statement issued by spokesman Morgan Durrant.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31106934/

That was one where a diligent passenger noticed. It makes you wonder what slips by un-noticed. I know of a flight attendant who forgot about a gun in her bag. It made it through the x-ray machine.

They're mis understood people who grew up in a disadvantaged neighborhood, and don't know any better.

When I went thru SBN this last commute south, I place my crap on the belt, and am ready to go thru the magnetometer, and the TSA-turd pulls me aside, frisks me from waist down, and lets me pass...

For all he knew, I had a glock-9 in an armpit holster, but nope, didnt check my upper half at all.

Worthless turd

I really don't know why the pilots and pilot unions are putting up with this any longer. There needs to be a push to get one of the two test programs done and over with and move along in getting a program for the guys who ARE FLYING THE AIRPLANES to bypass security. I love standing in line getting my bags searched as Barney Fife from some little town bypasses security because he's a local cop, yet me, who is AT THE CONTROLS of the airplane, am getting searched. Enough.

remember those tools in MCO....Comair I believe...but they were involved with smuggling guns. About a year ago or longer.

remember those tools in MCO....Comair I believe...but they were involved with smuggling guns. About a year ago or longer.
Yep, fully automatic guns along with some pot.
When happens? Security gets tighter on the PILOTS! we were no long allowed to go from the crew room to the plane if we were JS'ing home. We had to go through security.
Smoke and Mirrors.

I really don't know why the pilots and pilot unions are putting up with this any longer. There needs to be a push to get one of the two test programs done and over with and move along in getting a program for the guys who ARE FLYING THE AIRPLANES to bypass security. I love standing in line getting my bags searched as Barney Fife from some little town bypasses security because he's a local cop, yet me, who is AT THE CONTROLS of the airplane, am getting searched. Enough.

Relax, haven't you heard Capt. Prater? We're taking it back....:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back