• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More MD80 SIM for CAL Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh no the "MOTHER OF ALL BIDS" IS COMING?

I did hear from a line check airman that picked up half of my trip the other day (and he was quick to point out IT was a RUMOR) that the next bid was gonna have 400-500 CA vacancies on it.

Believe it when you see it. :nuts:

I hate to say it, but most senior guys (all airlines) usually forget about first year pay once they get their first second year paycheck. They definitely forget about it by the time they make captain.

I hope your right and we fight for a change.

It has really nothing to do with the line pilots directly. Indirectly yes, but our Negotiating Committee, MEC has required this item be fixed as part of the Contract 08 cornerstones objectives.

Today our leadership and most importantly our N/C is made up of competent, unselfish and true unionists unlike the scumbags who negotiated contract 02.

Quote from Tom Stivila Contract 02 Negotiating Chairman to me when I asked the question of why was new hire pay so low and how it was totally unacceptable "why do we care about new hires who don't work here yet". This is from the man who doesn't live under POS contract 02 and PBS and has now been rewarded a training department instructor position for selling out his union brothers and sisters.

I promised myself for any of a myriad of reasons IF we once again fail and negotiate anything less than a satisfactory sold contract in my eyes I will never volunteer or have anything to do with our union again. I will also go to the pilot group and start a public campaign about our union as I did 24 months before the conclusion of POS 02.

I have already and will in the future raised the BS flag within our MEC if we stray off the path of the objective or a real and solid contract. Part of this type of Contract is acceptable new hire pay and benefits. No one individual or anything our union does is more important then Contract 08 period.

OK now I got to go and take a Stivila.

Last edited:
It has really nothing to do with the line pilots directly. Indirectly yes, but our Negotiating Committee, MEC has required this item be fixed as part of the Contract 08 cornerstones objectives.

Today our leadership and most importantly our N/C is made up of competent, unselfish and true unionists unlike the scumbags who negotiated contract 02.

Quote from Tom Stivila Contract 02 Negotiating Chairman to me when I asked the question of why was new hire pay so low and how it was totally unacceptable "why do we care about new hires who don't work here yet". This is from the man who doesn't live under POS contract 02 and PBS and has now been rewarded a training department instructor position for selling out his union brothers and sisters.

I promised myself for any of a myriad of reasons IF we once again fail and negotiate anything less than a satisfactory sold contract in my eyes I will never volunteer or have anything to do with our union again. I will also go to the pilot group and start a public campaign about our union as I did 24 months before the conclusion of POS 02.

I have already and will in the future raised the BS flag within our MEC if we stray off the path of the objective or a real and solid contract. Part of this type of Contract is acceptable new hire pay and benefits. No one individual or anything our union does is more important then Contract 08 period.

OK now I got to go and take a Stivila.

Make sure you wipe your Worthless !!

that is certainly up for some debate.

All I can think of when I see your Avatar is how much it must suck working in the back. Go get your pilot license and then you can post on these forums. Until then your posts have no credibility.

I hate to say it, but most senior guys (all airlines) usually forget about first year pay once they get their first second year paycheck. They definitely forget about it by the time they make captain.

I hope your right and we fight for a change.

I dont know about you, but I'll never forget 29.97/hr. By the time this contract is voted on there will be in the neighborhood of 2000 voters w/ 3 years or less at CAL. A lot of the CAs that I've flown w/ had no idea what the first years were like. Some still dont.

I hope you havent already forgotten.

I dont know about you, but I'll never forget 29.97/hr. By the time this contract is voted on there will be in the neighborhood of 2000 voters w/ 3 years or less at CAL. A lot of the CAs that I've flown w/ had no idea what the first years were like. Some still dont.

I hope you havent already forgotten.

Agreed. To piggy back on your quote.....these 3K new pilots are hopefully not going to vote for anything less than an outstanding contract. That first year was BS.

Latest resources

Back