• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More MD80 SIM for CAL Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
60 787's!! When will that make that announcement official? Any idea what the breakdown of firm orders to options will be? Or the breakdown of 787-800s to 900s. This is definitely good news.

60 787's!! When will that make that announcement official? Any idea what the breakdown of firm orders to options will be? Or the breakdown of 787-800s to 900s. This is definitely good news.

I haven't seen it in riding but both Fred Abbott Vice President of Flight Operations and Dave Lynn VP of Flight Standards and Training (Dave told me personally) have said the 787 total orders/options are up to 60. I believe we have 25 firm orders so would make 35 options.

From this weeks CAL ALPA Wrap Sheet Blast mail:

Membership committee update
The Membership committee would like to welcome the eight CAL new hire pilots who started on Tuesday. They were treated to pizza at the CAL MEC office where numerous MEC and committee members talked with them about upcoming negotiations and current events effecting our union pilots. This is the only class that will be held in June.

The company has decided to increase its hiring and training of pilots starting in July. For July, 24 pilots will now be hired and we expect the same numbers for August.

I heard they're going to bump up the hiring to cover for all the furloughed AA guys getting recalled there... ;) TC

P.S.--Nice to see all the hiring going on at CAL!

CAL EWR B737 said:
Instructor also said initial acceptance rate for those invited to interview and offered jobs was 81% now it is down to 65%. He said that is related to pilot market drying up.
Is "pilot market drying up" secret code for "$26,000 a year and no health insurance for 6 months"?

Rule number one of negotiations and public forums:

Never ever discuss what is acceptable and or what you will settle for period! Lets just say that the current rate of pay and lack of medical benefits is woefully inadequate and the new contract will require significant and substantiative improvements to new hire pay and benefits. Enough said!

I don't know. I will tell you as the CAL ALPA Strike Preparedness Chairman that new hire pay and benefits are going to be fixed unfortunately the fix will be in Contract 08. There has been alot of talk within our MEC that the current pay and lack of benefits is totally unacceptable.

I hate to say it, but most senior guys (all airlines) usually forget about first year pay once they get their first second year paycheck. They definitely forget about it by the time they make captain.

I hope your right and we fight for a change.

Well, I just can't believe that I'm at a major with no health insurance for 6 months and a FA at a regional makes more money than me. Uhhh.....I did get hired at a major right?

Latest resources

Back